Which Airport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Airport?

It may be possible to visit M *, either this summer! or for the retreat... What is the best sit port to come in on, and how far away is it from Hamilton? What is the best....and cheapest...way to get from the sir port go Hamilton?

I will either be vining from Cincinnati, or returning to Cincinnati from Casper, Wyoming (my old college roommate lived in Lander). I'm trying to combine trips...

Any advice!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Which Airport?

Kansas city airport, sweetie! It is 66 miles from the airport to Hamilton! You do have car rental access or maybe you could convince a MSQC member to pick up and make a day of it!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Oh, Sandy! It would be so cool if we could see you at the forum retreat Oct. 1-4! If you want to drive up from St. Louis with me, I live 3 miles from the St. Louis airport STL. Klasien did that last year, we had a great time, but it is a 4-5 hour drive from St.Louis, depending on how many quilt shops you stop at on the way!

Comment

Ah Jean. A woman after my own heart. When we head to the cabin I check out how many quilt shops are along the way.. It's funny I say to hubby, "there are ____ number of quilt sops along the way." He replies that he didn't see any listed on his map.....and so it goes.
        Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

I was also going to say KC. I am sure one of us forum members could pick you up and get you to the retreat. If you go at another time, you will definitely have to rent a car.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

If I can do it, I will do it at retreat time.... I will definitely need a ride from any airport.... My vision isn 't the greatest, so I don't drive at night, or in strange placed...where I don't know what 's ahead...

Being able to make the trip depends on a lot if things...chiefly money..... So, we 'll have to see.. But it do undid like just what I need.. Something great to look forward to....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

The Kansas City International Airport would be close. It is on the north side of Kansas City. Another option which could be a lot cheaper is the Des Moines, Iowa airport which is also a direct shot as I-35 goes from Des Moines to Cameron (which is 13 miles from Hamilton - regardless of which way -Kansas City or Des Moines, you will go through Cameron for the easiest route.) There are three other quilt shops within a short drive of M*. One in Cameron and two in Jamesport.
              Depending upon when you decide to come, I might be able to take care of transportation for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
                The Kansas City International Airport would be close. It is on the north side of Kansas City. Another option which could be a lot cheaper is the Des Moines, Iowa airport which is also a direct shot as I-35 goes from Des Moines to Cameron (which is 13 miles from Hamilton - regardless of which way -Kansas City or Des Moines, you will go through Cameron for the easiest route.) There are three other quilt shops within a short drive of M*. One in Cameron and two in Jamesport.
                Depending upon when you decide to come, I might be able to take care of transportation for you.
                How far is M* from Des Moines? Since I'm in the Mpls area and 3 hours from Des Moines maybe it is do-able for me to drive to Hamilton- much easier than flying and renting a car in a strange city. Always wanted to actually go to the Mecca of quilting. My hopes are up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly View Post
                  How far is M* from Des Moines? Since I'm in the Mpls area and 3 hours from Des Moines maybe it is do-able for me to drive to Hamilton- much easier than flying and renting a car in a strange city. Always wanted to actually go to the Mecca of quilting. My hopes are up.
                  According to Google map, it is 144 miles. The good part it is I-35 interstate except for the last 13 miles which is US 36 which is a 4 lane highway. This way is the easiest which is going from Des Moines, IA to Cameron, MO then turning east on US 36 which takes you to Hamilton. You will turn off at the Hamilton exit, turn north which brings you into town, there will be a stop sign attached to a pole (this is the one stop sign that I almost forget everytime), just past it will be the Missouri Star quilt Main store on the right side of the street. A little further up on the left is the Sew Seasonal Store.

Right now for a hotel, Cameron would be the closest. There are several Bed and Breakfast in Jamesport which is not very far away and has some quilt stores and an array of other small, neat stores.

Comment

Hey everyone!

Jean from the MSQC Retreat Center here in Hamilton!

I do hope you will all be able to join us for the Birthday Bash! Right now, we have accommodations for 37 people if all of our beds are full (that's 21 twin beds and 8 queen beds, sleeping two people per bed). We had a fantastic time last year and are sooo looking forward to this year's festivities!

We will also have our mini-retreat center open by the time of the Birthday Bash. That will house up to 8 people and it's just across the street from the Retreat Center above the Sew Seasonal shop.

If you have any questions about the accommodations, amenities or events at the Retreat Center, please don't hesitate to write to me at [email protected] or call me at 888 571-1122.

Hope to see you this fall!
                    Jean

Comment

Thanks so much Simplyquilting. I'll keep these directions until next fall. Hope to go then!

Comment

Working...
                      X