Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M* who was able to go to the open house today :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M* who was able to go to the open house today :)

Just curious who here got to go to the open house.

I would have loved to have gone but between running several times last week to the city and once this week, it was not an option. I do need to get over there as I have about 5 quilts that I need to finish buying materials for. Yesterday I was working on the five and dime and ran out of the red thread that I was sewing the 5" squares to the 10" squares. And I have several quilt tops done that I need to get back and binding fabric, I want to physically see the colors instead of trying to compare colors on line.

Re: M* who was able to go to the open house today

Not me. I had to work, but need to go get some cute flannel for a boys quilt.

Comment

Not me, quite the drive from MN.
      :icon_wave:Lisa

Comment

I couldn't go because of living 1,004 miles away. Would love to visit the mother-ship and the new seasonal store sometime. Maybe Mrs. HandsomeRyan, little man, and I will have to plan a Missouri Star cross-country road trip where we'll stop at other M* forum members towns and meet them on our way to and from Hamilton.
        Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

I didn't get to go... It's a long story, I just didn't get to go. I hope to get to go tomorrow.

Comment

I was tempted, but our morning started out with horrible weather and major traffic jams on the highways in and out of town. Just not in the cards for a nice 10 hour round trip in a day!

Comment

I was there of course I spent most of my day in the quilting room doing bindings.
              Bernice :icon_wave:

Comment

My DD and I made the trek up to Hamilton today. I am making a D4P for her and she wanted to pick out the borders, binding, and backing. She has heard so much about MSQC and Hamilton and was excited to go. Not so sure she was excited about being gone all day.....but we had a blast and she saw all the buildings and met a lot of people there. I am hoping to get her started quilting just as soon as she is finished with her big tests. We got all her fabrics, the DD, several fat quarters, a charm pack for Valentine's Day, some other border fabric for my square in a square, some mini wacky web papers, some stash surprises for the future, and I found an adorable green airplane fabric to include in Whitnee's quilt. We had a lot of time, while driving, to chat...always good! We saw the new shop and had a cookie...but we bought the most at the regular shop. They were interviewing the Doan's and others there for the Wall Street Journal so keep your eyes open for that article in the next couple of days....if that is something you read! Fun, fun day! DD even thanked me for spending the day with her and having such fun! BONUS!!!

Comment

Oh, we did see Bernice in the quilting building.....working away on binding!

Comment

Awwww, how sweet! So glad you got that quality time with her! I wish I could go up there....I think it's prolly a 4 hour drive for me...
                    Mary
                    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

The Wall Street Journal huh? Totally impressed. Will have to keep an eye out for that one.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep.....it is now printed at the Kansas City Star....along with multiple other papers. Ron use to work there with my hubby. Ron told me this was the 4th major paper they have been in......KC Star, Hamilton, St. Joe, and now Wall Street.......I am sure this is just the beginning!

Comment

Wow, the Wall Street Journal! that's big time stuff. If anyone finds the article be sure to post a link!

I would have loved to be there but it's a bit of a trip for me. Besides, if it snowed I don't know if I could drive in it! I don't own a snow scraper - I'd use my credit card, but that might ruin it for the workout it will get at M*.

Comment

Working...
                          X