Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

    I made a potato bag this morning. Pleased with the result, I showed it to my husband. Our conversation went like this:

    J. Look what I made.
    R. What is that?
    J. A potato bag.
    R. What's it for?
    J. To make a baked potato in the microwave.
    R. Why do you need that to make a potato in the microwave?
    J. Well, you know how a potato can come out shriveled up? This prevents that.
    R. It is shriveled up because you over-cooked it.
    J. Yeah, well. This prevents that. You wash the potato, pat it dry with a paper towel, and wrap it in the damp paper towel before you put it in the bag. It steams it.
    R. So, it's a steamed potato and not a baked potato?
    J. Well, yeah.
    R. Couldn't you do the same thing by wrapping the potato in a damp towel?
    J. But isn't this a lot prettier?????

    Men! What do they know! Just wait till he has one of those delicious potatoes.

    Oh, I didn't tell him it might catch fire. . .
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

    #2
    Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

    I made one for my mom for Christmas. She loves hers.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

      LOL!!! I LOVE IT...seems your husband shares the same enthusiasm as mine does about the things I make!
      "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

      Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

      Julie
      :D

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

        lol I hate those no win conversations.

        I was at the soccer park and some one backed into my side door.

        DH..how did you do that?

        Me..I was waiting to go and she backed into me

        Dh..you must have done something.
        🌺 Lorie

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

          Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          lol I hate those no win conversations.

          I was at the soccer park and some one backed into my side door.

          DH..how did you do that?

          Me..I was waiting to go and she backed into me

          Dh..you must have done something.
          LOL! Just like a man.
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

            Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            lol I hate those no win conversations.

            I was at the soccer park and some one backed into my side door.

            DH..how did you do that?

            Me..I was waiting to go and she backed into me

            Dh..you must have done something.
            and I would have probably continued because he said that:

            me: Well I did....so if the cops show up, I'm not here (and walked away at that point ignoring him)
            Shirley aka buckeyequilter
            I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

              You made water spew out my nose w/your last line!!! heee heeee heeee....this is why I have never made one!
              pat.

              No rain....no rainbows!


              sigpic

              If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                Hahahaha, Oh my, my DH is just like this too.
                sigpicMiss Sheri

                For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                  I guess if it catches fire, we'd be having roasted potatoes for supper instead!
                  Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                    Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                    lol I hate those no win conversations.

                    I was at the soccer park and some one backed into my side door.

                    DH..how did you do that?

                    Me..I was waiting to go and she backed into me

                    Dh..you must have done something.
                    My DH knows me well enough that if he made a statement like that last one, he better have started running! Because my next statement would be "Not yet, but any second now! Whop!"
                    Vonnie

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                      Originally posted by Vonnie View Post
                      My DH knows me well enough that if he made a statement like that last one, he better have started running! Because my next statement would be "Not yet, but any second now! Whop!"
                      Well I had enough of those kind of comments so we don't live together anymore

                      Enough of me, I want to see this pretty potato bag!
                      🌺 Lorie

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                        Funny! How about a picture before it catches fire.
                        SandyWhite
                        Ocala, Florida
                        http://handpiecing.blogspot.com


                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                          Originally posted by madampolo View Post
                          I made a potato bag this morning. Pleased with the result, I showed it to my husband. Our conversation went like this:

                          J. Look what I made.
                          R. What is that?
                          J. A potato bag.
                          R. What's it for?
                          J. To make a baked potato in the microwave.
                          R. Why do you need that to make a potato in the microwave?
                          J. Well, you know how a potato can come out shriveled up? This prevents that.
                          R. It is shriveled up because you over-cooked it.
                          J. Yeah, well. This prevents that. You wash the potato, pat it dry with a paper towel, and wrap it in the damp paper towel before you put it in the bag. It steams it.
                          R. So, it's a steamed potato and not a baked potato?
                          J. Well, yeah.
                          R. Couldn't you do the same thing by wrapping the potato in a damp towel?
                          J. But isn't this a lot prettier?????

                          Men! What do they know! Just wait till he has one of those delicious potatoes.

                          Oh, I didn't tell him it might catch fire. . .
                          If mine catches on fire and we have to buy another microwave...my dh is going to cuss.....
                          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                            Yeah, most DH's don't praise sewing endeavors.....and of course men think they are better drivers too.....( beg to differ on that ).

                            One thing about the potato bag......I think the main worry for the potato bag catching fire is the paper towel ? Shouldn't you use cheap ( un-branded ) paper towels ?
                            Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                            http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

                            "I miss the me I was when you were here"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Potato Bag - Husband $%@#$^!!!

                              Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                              Yeah, most DH's don't praise sewing endeavors.....and of course men think they are better drivers too.....( beg to differ on that ).

                              One thing about the potato bag......I think the main worry for the potato bag catching fire is the paper towel ? Shouldn't you use cheap ( un-branded ) paper towels ?
                              LOL I would think you'd want cheap paper towels...no sense in burning up the expensive ones.
                              Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                              I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X