This Thread is for BOYS ONLY :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Thread is for BOYS ONLY :)

Hey guys, I have been skipping around blog land today and found something I think is awesome and thought maybe the guys here might be interested....

It is the NO GIRLS ALLOWED QUILT BEE! How cool is that??? So there are several blogger out there blogging about this and it is a group on flicker and it is open so if you wanted to join here is the Flicker group addy No Girls Allowed Quilt Bee ยป Mad Tesla

Oh and here is the blog I was stalking when I found it Even if you don't want to (or can't cuz you are a girl) join the bee, this guy's blog is extremely entertaining! I thought so anyway! He is an Aussie, living in Sydney. Molli Sparkles

Ladies! Why are you reading this??? I said boys only!!! ROTFLOL

Sorry, had to post that cuz I totally would read the post anyway! haha
    Murphy :icon_wave:

www.quiltparadigm.blogspot.com

Quilting forever, housework - whenever!

Re: This Thread is for BOYS ONLY

Well, Mr. Murphy, I am the mother of six sons and the grandmother of four boys... So that means I can read it, right?

Comment

haha, of course, especially if they join the bee!! and it's Ms. Murphy LOL

I titled the post like this so the guys would read it - and I totally knew others would too. Hopefully others that know male quilters that will join!

It seems that there is a blog land hub bub going on about the name of this bee - apparently some women found it offensive.... seriously, not kidding!

Comment

I thought you meant "thread" like a "spool of thread" and I couldn't imagine why a particular kind of thread would only be for boys! LOL
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
          I thought you meant "thread" like a "spool of thread" and I couldn't imagine why a particular kind of thread would only be for boys! LOL
          Me too! That is what I thought. But the actual content was much better, haha
          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Thanks for the links, Murphy. Those links plus all the ones they led me to have opened a whole new world for me. I didn't realise there were so many 'man quilters' out there.
            ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Comment

Your welcome, Ron! I thought of all the guys here when I was reading the threads. I think it is so cool - please keep us updated if you join the bee! I will definitely be watching the flicker link to see all of the quilts!

Comment

I know...I know...I'm not a boy...but I had to see what was going on here...I'm nosey...
                TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Telling us 'for boys only' pfffft. Had to look of course.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Genny View Post
                    I know...I know...I'm not a boy...but I had to see what was going on here...I'm nosey...
                    How COOL is that??
                    And women are upset by this?
                    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Originally posted by New York Sue View Post
                      How COOL is that??
                      And women are upset by this?
                      Upset by the name from what I read.... personally I think someone has too much time on their hands! LOL

Comment

Good for the guys! I am happy that they are finding places to connect with each other. They may get tired of being a minority on a forum, etc.
                        Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Love it. Okay fellas, let's see what you can do! Whoo hoo!
                          Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                          Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Occasionally I do solo projects but most of my quilting my wife, who is definitely a girl (believe me, I checked!), helps me with. I suppose I could start a "No Singles Allowed Quilt Bee" for couples who quilt together?

Neat idea. Weird that some people have gotten upset over it. I don't think it was done out of sexism, it was done to be fun and silly.
                            Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Working...
                            X