Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hexie people!

Hi

I am wondering how all of you are doing with your hexie Projects ??

I am still working on my GMFG and the progress i slow but non the less it is progress.

It has been very quiet on the Hexie Group site.

Are you all finished or have you quit? What is your status?

Friendly questions from a curious Swedish Leo!

Have a great day!

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Hexie people!

I try to do some hand work on my 5 or 6 different English Paper Piecing projects. If I can get me wife to drive, I will baste hexagons for either the Grandmothers Flower Garden or Patchwork of the Crosses quilt. Then between our Thanksgiving and New Years, I tatted about 30 crosses for my wife to give in cards as small gifts. With the holiday's had to put away the sewing machine and tidy up the sewing room, so need to get it out again to piece other projects. Will never be done -- Got to keep busy.

Comment

Still working on my hexies, but Christmas and other projects kept me busy last month. My part time jobs have ramped up a bit, so I actually have to spend more time working!

Comment

I'm not in the Hexie group, but started a hexie quilt at the same time. I didn't join for fear of not having anything done by the time all of you finish your quilt.s Right now I'm sewing my hexie rows together and I still have 14 rows to sew before I'm able to start the handquilting.

finished hexies.jpgI

Here is the picture of the layout of my hexies. The fabric for this quilt comes from shirts, aprons, boxer shorts etc. I'll call it "forgetmenot" as lots of the flowers remind me of a familymember
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Michele, I know it will be an awesome quilt when you put it together. It looks awesome now!

I, too, had been wondering how those hexies were coming along.
          Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post
            I'm not in the Hexie group, but started a hexie quilt at the same time. I didn't join for fear of not having anything done by the time all of you finish your quilt.s Right now I'm sewing my hexie rows together and I still have 14 rows to sew before I'm able to start the handquilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65987[/ATTACH]I

Here is the picture of the layout of my hexies. The fabric for this quilt comes from shirts, aprons, boxer shorts etc. I'll call it "forgetmenot" as lots of the flowers remind me of a familymember
            That is one good looking Quilt!

Great work!
            sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
            The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
            A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
            And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Due to our move, hexies are the only thing I have been able to work on. We aren't completely moved yet; the last load from Indiana will be here on Thursday. My other half is still in Indiana so getting the house in order has been on my shoulders. Yesterday I rewarded myself with a sit on the couch, put in a movie and did about 60 hexies!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Love your hexies, Annika!
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by mamaquilt View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65987[/ATTACH]I

This is gorgeous.

Unfortunately I've not worked on my hexes since last summer and it will probably be a while before I get back to it.
                  ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                  X