X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annav
    replied
    Re: Craftsy machine quilting courses

I have taken class by Leah day, and have seen you tube videos by all three. I like leah day or ann peterson the best. But really like the craftsy site. The video lessons are close up so you can see what is going on. They hAve printable handouts, and you can communicate with classmates and the instructor if you have questions.

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

Well I am a dummy! As I was watching Ann Peterson's class earlier, I also discovered that I had gotten Leah Day's class after I did that 2012 BOM on Craftsy. It is the class where she does each of the blocks from the Amy Gibson class. Oh well, I am sure that I will learn something different from each of these classes and will finally finish that BOM quilt! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

Good for you. I know you will enjoy those to instructors.

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

Thanks everyone. I signed up for Leah Day's free email thing and I think I will get Ann Peterson's class on dealing with a large quilt on a small machine. I am also checking out all the great links that everyone shared. You are all so helpful!

Leave a comment:

• Quiltngolfer
    replied

I really like Ann Peterson's classes on Craftsy. She is so calm and sensible. Her voice is relaxing too. There is a lot of good information in her classes. Leah Day is great too. You can't go wrong with either of those.

Leave a comment:

• paandrus
    replied

I took Leah Day's class on FMQ Sampler on Craftsy. She teaches a lot of tips and tricks about general FMQ. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I just did the quilt as you go tote and really enjoyed it. I really want my dd to come over and watch it. She loves to make bags but doesn't quilt. She has a chevron top made but stalled after that.

Leave a comment:

• Gayle8675309
    replied

I have all three of those classes. I highly recommend Ann Pertersen's and Leah Day classes.

Leah's class does more detail in the very basics of machine quilting. She shows you what stitches to start with, how to make them, how to set up your machine for fmqing. Ann's class shows you how to manage a large quilt.

The Wendy Butler Burns one wasn't very helpful to me.

Leave a comment:

• jennyann
    replied

I love Leah day. The one that I bought was one that she took you through a bunch of different techniques that you could practice and practice. Loved it!!

Leave a comment:

• goofyizzy
    replied

I'm doing Leah Day's free motion quilt project. You pay for the pattern and she guides you through fmq'ing a whole quilt a block at a time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I love Craftsy and have taken almost all the quilting classes. I think Ann Petersen's Beyond Basic Machine Quilting helped me the most and I advanced my skill tremendously after completing her project. There is a 50% off sale on SELECT classes so I'm not sure if her's is one of them. If not, if you scroll down the side panel of my blog there is a link banner for 50% off her class specifically, if that helps!
    Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts

Craftsy is guaranteed so if you are not happy with a class they will refund your money. The free classes are awesome too but maybe too basic for you. I think their classes are totally worth the money!

Leave a comment:

• vchale
    replied

I agree with the other suggestions but I also learned a lot from another you tube video. Search for "quilt expressions" and watch the "what to quilt on your quilt". I found her very interesting and informative.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie
    replied

I highly recommend Ann Petersen's Quilting Big Projects on a small Machine.

A lot of times, you can go to their website - not the Craftsy website - but the instructors website, and they will have a link back to Craftsy with a discount.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

Leah Day also has Free Motions Fillers Vol. 1 on sale 50% right now. Not sure when sale ends.
    Learn 50 Free Motion Quilting Designs in Free Motion Fillers, Vol. 1

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

I think one of Ann Peterson's is on sale at Craftsy now. She has two classes on Craftsy. I will also check out the freebies and see. Thanks for the info. I would take one in person if I could find a class close to me. That is not an option at the moment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X