Sewing Chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing Chair

I'm looking for a new sewing chair. What do ya'll use?

Re: Sewing Chair

I bought a Koala chair. I really love it. It adjusts up and down and has the back and seat adjustments. It also has a ring to rest your feet on when you are in a high position. I adjust mine up and down frequently during the day depending on what I am doing. Not the cheapest chair but after buying a lot of office furniture when I worked the cheaper chairs have to be replaced much more often as the hydraulic cylinder breaks. I would recommend it. I also looked at a Hon chair. That one felt great but did not have the foot support.
    Ann

Comment

My sewing chair is an office chair, but not made with cushions......it is made of bungie cords on the metal frame!!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I sew in a leather covered office chair it tilts swivel and adjusts height. Tilt is so nice so you can lean back and stretch.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am using a black rolling office chair with a high back. I think i would like to try to recover it with some fun fabric. There are a few blogs out there for doing this - Desk chair transformation | How Joyful
          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

If i'm at the little white sewing table, I like the cheap, $15, office chair I bought at Walmart. It's light weight and easy to roll and comfy. Fits under the desk with ease. I don't like that It's at it's highest level and I can't go any higher with it. So if you need an average height or lower, it's a great little chair. I like to hover over the machine when I do FMQ so I'm on the hunt for one that goes higher, just not draftsman height.

Comment

I use a small rolling office chair too. It works well for me, since it will fit right up under my sewing table when not in use. I sometimes wish it would go a little higher, but I usually fix that with a cushion.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

I have an inexpensive office chair with padded seat and mesh back. I needed a little more height and I tend to sit on the edge of the seat so I added patio furniture cushions to the seat and back to make it higher and give more back support.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I just have a regular desk swival chair. I am between 2 banquet tables, sewing machine on one, pressing board and cutting mat on the other. SO much easier to just turn to press and cut and turn back to sew...than to get up go press, go back sit, sew, get up go press...etc. I have floor mat things in the middle so the chair rolls and it works great!
                  Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

I just bought a new sewing chair yesterday and am sewing with it for the first time today! It came from Staples.

Here it is:

Staples Carder? Mesh Task Chair, Black | Staples®

For nine months, I'd been using a wooden dining room chair. It was killing my butt and back, not to mention it was scratching my wood floor moving so much.

So far, I like this one a lot!

By the way, when my husband assembled it, I asked him to leave the arms off. They would have just gotten in the way.
                      Joan, aka the Unaquilter

"I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma."

Learn more about me and my quilts at my blog:

http://debtofgratitude.wordpress.com/

Comment

I use an old upholstered office chair,,,, love it...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

i use this chair from office depot Realspace® PRO Quantum 9000 Series Mesh Mid-Back Chair, Black, But I went all over and (tried on chairs) for several days till I found one that fit me right. The chair has to be right for YOU, it does not matter how good it is for me. Get the best chair that you can afford and I cannot stress enough how important it is to try it out. I left my arms on, I did not think I would like them but I do like having my arm on. They are adjustable

Comment

I'm using a rolling office chair too, works. Reat except it has arms that can't be removed. They get in the way sometimes but I can't afford to replace it just yet. Soon maybe....
                            May the road rise up to meet you...
                            May the wind be always at your back...
                            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

I was using a wooden chair as my space is small and my big office chair was too big. That was ok when I was only sewing for a short time but now I am addicted to sewing and sitting on it for hours at a time my back and hip were getting so sore. My DH bought me this small swivel chair today from Ikea as an early birthday present. As you can see the sewing assistants are checking it out.
                              Attached Files
                              ​Robyn

Comment

Working...
                              X