Book store visit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book store visit....

While at Barnes & Noble tonight, I made it to the magazine section to check out the new Quilty edition when lo and behold!!! Right next to it was a brand spankin' new Quilting Quickly!!! Not with our beloved old authors, but still the same format as before. There was a full page ad in it that showed you get all four issues of last years printings on DVD w/the complete magazines and videos of all the tutorials for $19.99.

It's offered thru Fons and Porter.....just thought I'd share incase anyone was interested.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Re: Book store visit....

Thanks! I missed out on the first one, then just never got around to ordering the others so this might be a good option.
    Donna

Comment

This will sound awful...but I'm not surprised that F&P found a way to profit from Jenny's work.... I'm sorry if that sounds cynical, because I'm not a cynic at all.... I always look for the good in people.....but this really is typical of that organization.

When I compare the generosity of Jenny and the M* to the way F&P operate, I see a huge difference. How many times have you started to watch a quilting video produced by F&P, only to find that it was a "teaser "....?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Especially when you can download the videos for free from You Tube.

Here is the link because I had a hard time to find it:

DVDs, CDs & Books - Quilting Quickly 2013 Digital Compilation
        Last edited by Monique; January 18, 2014, 06:39 AM.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Although I love F & P magazine, this is one I will not be purchasing. I thought this was MSQ magazine and glad that I got the original 4, for any other quilts there are always Jenny's tutorials, and they are the best out there. Hoping that someday Jenny will get back in the magazine business..................

Comment

Jenny's books, patterns and videos are the best! I anxiously awaited each of the ones we got last year. I like the simplicity of her designs. I also love having both the book and the video. I have always heard that the more you give away, the more you get back. That seems to be so with Jenny's group. They have such great bargains and the free videos. Their business is doing great. Thanks to all.

Comment

Everything that is said about Jenny I second it. When you are on the phone they are so helpful . When I call and Becky answers she knows who it is and says my name. you don't get that anywhere else. That just shows how much they care for their customers. m* is the greatest . I think it is wonderful that they are going to have a shipping warehouse .

Grace

Comment

I agree with what everyone has said here. If this magazine had not existed in the way it did this past year, I would not hesitate to buy it. It is laid out in the same manner, bright and cheery. However, instead of the little yellow bird.....they have an OWL!!!!!!!!!! Me thinks we have spies in our midst!!!!

The only reason I posted about this was because I knew there were quilters here that were unable to get all the copies last year. Again, here is the link -

ShopFonsandPorter.com - Quilt Kits, Quilt Projects, Quilt Patterns, Quilting Books. Quilting DVDs
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
                  This will sound awful...but I'm not surprised that F&P found a way to profit from Jenny's work.... I'm sorry if that sounds cynical, because I'm not a cynic at all.... I always look for the good in people.....but this really is typical of that organization.

When I compare the generosity of Jenny and the M* to the way F&P operate, I see a huge difference. How many times have you started to watch a quilting video produced by F&P, only to find that it was a "teaser "....?
                  I agree 100%. That's how I found Jenny & M*. My son gave me this iPad & showed me how to search you tube. I hit on one of the F&P videos & it was a teaser.. Very frustrating. The next on the list was Jenny & it was free. I must have watched 20 of them before the battery got low.. You have to admire M* for their business savvy (I mean that in the nicest possible way). They are smarter than F&P they don't try to make a buck on every single offering, so I am more than happy to spend my money at M*.
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Jenny does not need a magazine. She puts out a newsletter every Friday with another tutorial! Plus they do a very entertaining blog. And you got to love those stories you get every day along with the Daily Deal.

Thanks for the links. I only bought 2 of those magazines. I wonder if M* will sell this also? Anyone know?
                    Vonnie

Comment

Did F and P get the rights to use the Quilting Quickly name because they published the first four magazines? Don't they have enough of their own magazines without publishing QQ without Jenny's input? I also hate the "teaser" patterns; you go to the site thinking it is a tutorial or free pattern, but it never is. Sounds crappy to me; just saying. I suppose there is more to the story than we know.
                      :icon_wave: Linda
                      "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Originally posted by Lindagie View Post
                        Did F and P get the rights to use the Quilting Quickly name because they published the first four magazines? Don't they have enough of their own magazines without publishing QQ without Jenny's input? I also hate the "teaser" patterns; you go to the site thinking it is a tutorial or free pattern, but it never is. Sounds crappy to me; just saying. I suppose there is more to the story than we know.
                        I'm with you, Linda.... The word "greedy" comes to mind...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

The magazines are still available here from MSQC.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I actually had to order two of the four from M*.... I'm glad to know they are still available...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                            X