What color is your sewing room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What color is your sewing room?

What color is your sewing room? Or what color do you wish it was?

I am in the midst of taking over my son's room. I have just primed the wall that was painted with a camouflage pattern. My sis painted it for our son when we moved in - he loved everything camo at the time. She hid names in the camo, so I was a little sentimental about painting over it, but after the big desk got moved out, it had to go! Here is what the camo wall looked like:

IMG_1463.jpg

The rest of the room is a beige. I think I am going to paint the whole room, but looking for ideas on color.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Re: What color is your sewing room?

I painted mine a muted blue, can't remember the name but its from Restoration Hardware. I got the paint chip & had Lowes match it. Saved me about $20 per gallon. Love the things at Restoration Hardware but they are way overpriced..
    The floor is engineered hardwood, my sewing table is our old computer desk. Works pretty well, extra wide & 2 cubbies below to hold my extra machine & all my threads and such..
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

It's is a very light, soft pink.....I love it as it is!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Mines a light blue. I love it and its so calm and refreshing. With white window trims.
        Jackie J
        sigpic

Comment

I think sewing rooms should either be pure white or a bold color like turquoise or or leaf green or even watermelon. I think creative spaces look great in really happy, saturated colors. But I also love the look of a pristine white studio.
          Joan, aka the Unaquilter

"I've never been to heaven, but I've been to Oklahoma."

Learn more about me and my quilts at my blog:

http://debtofgratitude.wordpress.com/

Comment

very pale creamy yellow.

Comment

Mine room is orange. It makes me happy every time I go in there.

Ilive2craft2 can you find your son's name in the camo, not paint over that spot and maybe put a picture frame around it?

Comment

Mine is a spa aqua color. I have very little natural light so I wanted a color that reflects light. It works great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                  Mine room is orange. It makes me happy every time I go in there.

Ilive2craft2 can you find your son's name in the camo, not paint over that spot and maybe put a picture frame around it?
                  Already finished priming it. I took pics instead - he thought I was being silly! I think it was more that both of his grandpa's names were in it as well, but we have the memories!
                  Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

When I was looking at painting my room, my DD suggested Grey. She was working in the paint department at HD. She said that Grey doesn't absorb the color, and I would be able to see the colors. She was so right. I wasnt real sure but trusted her and I love it.
                    Jane M (quiltnforfun)

Comment

Mine's beige. Took over daughter's room that had an Asian theme. Need to paint the walls some day. Guess I don't notice since I am looking down at my sewing all the time! LOL.
                      Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                      Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

Mine is yucky. Old wood paneling and primed sheetrock. It's the only room in the house we didn't finish remodeling. Now that all my sewing furniture is in there I don't want to move it out to finish. Someday. I would like a soft grey.
                        Ann

Comment

Right now, my room is blue. I want to repaint it GREEN!
                          sigpicMISA
                          I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

The area that I am sewing in is white. That color or one that would not mess with the colors of the fabric is what I would want for a sewing room.

Comment

Originally posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
                              What color is your sewing room? Or what color do you wish it was?

I am in the midst of taking over my son's room. I have just primed the wall that was painted with a camouflage pattern. My sis painted it for our son when we moved in - he loved everything camo at the time. She hid names in the camo, so I was a little sentimental about painting over it, but after the big desk got moved out, it had to go! Here is what the camo wall looked like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65838[/ATTACH]

The rest of the room is a beige. I think I am going to paint the whole room, but looking for ideas on color.
                              Oh my gosh that is ugly! lol

Celery green
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X