• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied
    Re: How am I to quilt when...

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    What the heck is a good doobie????
    Bubba-- didn't you ever watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood? He always called out the good doobies!

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

Eeeeuuuuuuwwwwwww!!!!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    I thought she was smokin' the snake ...

Leave a comment:

• buckeyequilter
    replied

Originally posted by Vita View Post
    This thread is astounding to me… and funny. Guess most of you are city folks

Me:

Bugs in the house - get appropriate exterminating measures done.

Mice in the house - set traps or bring in the good mouser from the barn (Though we don't have a good one right now, so it would just be traps. We have two neutered males and they are crap for catching mice. I need another female.)

Bat in the house - leave door or window open so it can fly out. They don't want to be stuck in here anyways and bats are awesome.

Snake in the house - Catch and release if not poisonous. Love snakes, good doobies.

Lizard (never has happened) but would also catch and release. Lizards are cool.

Spiders - catch and release. Don't love them, but not afraid of them.
    LOL...I have always lived in the country but I don't want the critters living in the house with me. If it's a bug..I squash it...if it's a BIG bug...hubby squashes it while I put my feet up in the chair in case he misses.

Leave a comment:

• IBake
    replied

Ahhh Vita, when you live in a congested city you don't have the option of going to the barn to get a mouser.. ....especially when your hubby is a walking cat allergen. If you like to watch him swell up, sneeze, have his eyes turn red and run..... I spent my summer on a farm til I was 12 so I am/was used to the "friends" around. But after moving 8 times in 15 years, too many of the critters we have found are not pleasant to have around, whether the scorpions, the black widows, the coral snakes or the rattlers. The little lizards are entertaining, but I still don't want them inside.. And no matter how you cut it, and no matter where I have lived.................i still DON'T DO MICE! Mice and tornados are the bugaboos in my life.....even the hurricanes don't bother me as much as the tornados and mice......<<<shudder>>>. Hubby has assured me that we haven't had any more. but do I trust him? hmmmmmmmmmm.

BTW, Marilyn, our Schnauzer is a Giant....he weighs 100lbs. and mousing is beneath his dignity. When our mini was alive, she would have cowed all of the mice..and the giant-into submission. Nobody messed with Greta Garbo! She even took care of the skunk in the back yard. She was prouder of it than we were...

bubba- good doobie as in they do good! Good doobie...you do a good job. Used to tell my kids they were good doobies!

Last edited by IBake; January 17, 2014, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Vita
    replied

This thread is astounding to me… and funny. Guess most of you are city folks

Me:

Bugs in the house - get appropriate exterminating measures done.

Mice in the house - set traps or bring in the good mouser from the barn (Though we don't have a good one right now, so it would just be traps. We have two neutered males and they are crap for catching mice. I need another female.)

Bat in the house - leave door or window open so it can fly out. They don't want to be stuck in here anyways and bats are awesome.

Snake in the house - Catch and release if not poisonous. Love snakes, good doobies.

Lizard (never has happened) but would also catch and release. Lizards are cool.

Spiders - catch and release. Don't love them, but not afraid of them.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

The above story reminds me of something that happened at the lake one summer. My grandson was about seven at the time, and he and I were over at our lot and my husband was over at the lodge. I walked up to the bathroom, as I was about to take my seat, I saw out of the corner of my eye a sssssssssssssssssssssssssnake! To this day, I have no clue #1, how I did not wet all over myself and #2, how I made it back to our lot without my shorts around my ankles! I said to Tyler, quite frantically I'm sure, that I needed him to go get the snake out of the bathroom. He asked what kind it was and when I told him a garter snake about 18' long, he said, no, not if it's only a garter snake!!! I think it's the only time I ever came close to striking that child. I grabbed the two way radio and called my husband....here is what he heard - DASKFJAWEKLRU1238738UR ****!!!!!!!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!! ASLDFJWOQIERU34UKJSDKJJGIORU548 BATHROOM!! I heard back, giggling and I'll be right there. In my efforts to keep our area snake free, I made him take it to the other side of the lake where I'm sure it still lives.

Leave a comment:

• Suzyq
    replied

Oh good Golly this thread has been so much fun to read! I'm so glad I live up here in Canada. We don't have snakes in our basements, well not in the city anyway. Usually you find them in the woods or just small green Garter snakes in the grass. But we do have mice – IES! I was making out a grocery list while staying at a cottage, when I looked up to see a tiny field mouse on the floor by the cupboard. I screamed obscenities at him, the poor thing just shook so hard from fright, before he took off. Another morning I opened the fliptop garbage can in the kitchen, noticed the bag was flat and reached down to open it up, when I heard this skittering noise, I'm petrified of mice. Ran into the bedroom and started jumping up-and-down on the bed to get my husband to come and get the mouse. Well outta bed he gets, no clothes on, walks into the kitchen, calmly takes the garbage can over to the door, tosses out mousie, returns garbage can to place, returns to bed! Now how easy was freakin' that??!! Two hours later I calmed down. LLast time we went to that cottage I'll tell ya. There was more wildlife in the cottage, than outside!

Leave a comment:

• New York Sue
    replied

Oh JEEZ.
    I can deal with a 'tiny' dose of mice, spiders and bats.

But DEFINATELY NOT snakes.
    No, No, NO!

A LIZARD? Oh, HE**, NO!

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

That would be it for me, too! Rats/mice/roaches. Can't deal with any of those things! Spiders/lizards/frogs - don't want them on me or in the house, but they don't scare the bejeebers out of me.

I could loan you my DD's little dachshund. She nailed a rat bigger than herself in the back yard of a house DD was renting at one time. And boy was she proud of herself! I didn't want to touch her for a long time, though.
    Last edited by dwil23; January 17, 2014, 04:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dizzyLiz
    replied

LOL the thought of Sally Sue catching a mouse is too funny. She weighs 5 lbs and is the biggest baby. She is so scared of our shadows created by the porch light, that at night i have to take a flashlight to get her to potty. I think she missed that gene.

Leave a comment:

• johowton
    replied

LOL...omg I am laughing so hard!!! Ya'll are so funny. While I am reading all this agreeing with every word about snakes, mice, moths, and the lot, I have my feet under me because now I am afraid to put them on the floor....

Happy Friday to ya'll

Jo

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

I am surprised you have mice with the schnauzer. They are excellent mousers. That is what they were originally bred for. To go in to sewers and underground to get rid of rats and mice. We had a miniature schnauzer that was a great mouser. Put the dog down there for a few days and your problem may disappear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X