Using Bigger Spools of thread with a Husqvaran Designer SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Bigger Spools of thread with a Husqvaran Designer SE

I was wondering if any of you who has a Viking / Husqvarna Designer SE has info on how to use the larger spools of thread with your machine ?
    IF you have info, I would appreciate it. I just seen some of those HUGE spools of thread somewhere and this got me to thinking about using the bigger spools that the smaller ones I currently use. Please note, I am not talking about embroidery thread here....this is just plain sewing thread. I normally purchase Madeira Thread..... ( right now, I went to the local Jo-Ann's ( they have a Viking /Husqvarna Gallery inside Jo-Ann's ) to get some more plain white thread by this company and it's on back order, which made me think when I seen the larger spools of thread in a couple of photos here on the forum what is used to do this.

Thanks so much !
    Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Re: Using Bigger Spools of thread with a Husqvaran Designer SE

They have a thread rack for your machine, or you could get a single thread stand to sit next to your machine. 8-)
    Have a Sewonderful Day,
    Mary T.

Comment

I saw a solution, let me go look to see if I can find it.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Hi, I've got a HUS-Designer Ruby, and when I have bigger spools I place them on this pin(?? sorry, I don't know the correct english word for this thing) which is used to fill the bobbin.
        Best wishes and Greetings
        Kerstin:icon_hug:

I put my rootbeer in a square cup.... now it's just beer :)

Comment

You can get a single thread stand which sits at the back of your machine to hold the bigger spools, I have one and find it invaluable. Most of my sewing thread for piecing are big spools.
          ================================================== ==============

Comment

I have one of these for big spools
            Single Spool Thread Stand at Ken's Sewing Center
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

mdDG0uH1gleu8t-mACAja_Q.jpgYou can get a single thread stand which sits at the back of your machine to hold the bigger spools, I have one and find it invaluable. Most of my sewing thread for piecing are big spools.
              ================================================== ==============

Comment

I couldn't find the picture I was thinking of, the spool was sitting in a cup. But I found this and you couldn't get more DYI than this lol

How to Make Your Own (really cheap!) Cone Thread Stand
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

DSC00885.jpgDH made me this multi spool stand with 1X1's, 4" lag bolts, big washers, and a screw driver holder. ($10.00 total).
                  As I have an embroidery machine, being able to line up all the colors I need for a design has been a time saver.
                  Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
                  Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

wow Racing Nana, I'd give your thread stand two thumbs up! Nice job.

In a pinch, I used my serger. It worked until I bought a thread stand. I turned it around and placed it behind my sewing machine. It helped out till I bought a thread stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                      I couldn't find the picture I was thinking of, the spool was sitting in a cup. But I found this and you couldn't get more DYI than this lol

How to Make Your Own (really cheap!) Cone Thread Stand
                      That's exactly what I do with the large cones!!
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

On the embroidery machine, if I have multiple color changes I put each spool in a baby food jar that fits into a wood silverware container by my machine. The wood rack will hold 15 baby food jars.

Comment

Mary, I thought Husqvarna had something for it....but it's probably really $$ ....I'll bet !!! I found this on Nancy's Notions....but like the things that have been suggestion here it's called a Deelybob II
                          Has anyone used this item ( I found online at Nancy's Notions ) ???
                          DEELYBOB II - Machines & Accessories - Supplies - Nancy's Notions
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Originally posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
                            Mary, I thought Husqvarna had something for it....but it's probably really $$ ....I'll bet !!! I found this on Nancy's Notions....but like the things that have been suggestion here it's called a Deelybob II
                            Has anyone used this item ( I found online at Nancy's Notions ) ???
                            DEELYBOB II - Machines & Accessories - Supplies - Nancy's Notions
                            That doesn't look anything like what we call a Deely-Bob in this house . . .

Comment

I use the thread rack that fits on the diamonds. I use it for embroidery thread as well so I don't have to keep changing out one at a time.

http://new.husqvarnaviking.com/en-US...ol-Thread-Rack
                              Thank you,

Ginny K

Comment

Working...
                              X