X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easyquilts
    replied
    Re: Spoiled to Jenny's tutorials?

I am definitely spoiled by Jenny's tutorials... She is such an intuitive teacher.....and genuinely warm... With a sense of humor... Yep.. I'm spoiled...

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

I know that I am spoiled with her tutorials. I am a very visual when it comes to directions with quilts and her videos make it very easy to follow. Plus I love that I can have the computer next to where I am working and watch pause as needed with the quilt steps.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Yup-yup, I am TOTALLY spoiled by Jenny's tuts.I did watch one that was linked here on the M*QC forum last evening about sashing, and found I was able to follow what the instructor was saying (she's from UK, if I'm not mistaken), so I feel like I must be making some progress, lol!

But I just love how clear and easy the instructions are on the M*QC tutorials, and especially how down-to-earth and funny Jenny is. She makes me feel as though I can do stuff, and that if I mess up, it's not the end of the world. After all, if it isn't fun to sew, is it really worth it? I quilt for two reasons: 1. Because I like to make pretty things, and 2. Because when I'm sewing, I'm not stressing out about other things. Sometimes I'm thinking things through while I sew, but nothing seems quite as terrible when I'm sewing. And even though I may spend some money on it, it's cheaper than other forms of therapy, has no calories, and is completely legal!

Leave a comment:

• starlover
    replied

I've been quilting for over 15 years, so patterns work well for me. I do love her tutorials, those are easy to follow. Watching her put one together draws me in more than just seeing a picture of a pattern though.

Leave a comment:

• EnumclawGramma
    replied

I am totally addicted to Jenny's tutorials. If not for her, I would still be making scrappy patch quilts. There's a place for that, but she has given me the confidence I needed to branch out of that and try new things. She has always made me believe I can do this!

Leave a comment:

• Renate
    replied

Of course I am addicted to Jenny`s tutorials and I cannot thank her enough for her effords. But let`s not forget all the dear quilters having not the equipment, doing tutorial in the same professional way as Jenny`s Team, but sharing their knowledge with us. For example Sassyquilter, she takes Pictures from every step and explains it very easy to understand. And the most important: this is all for free. There are so many free tutorials and Patterns at the web and no matter how professional of less professional this "free s" are, I thank each and everybody for giving it to us quilter community

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

I'm self taught too, started years ago (wont say how many lol) mostly from books & magazines & pictures. Trial & error played a big part too . For some reason it's fairly easy for me to see how the parts fit together if I see a diagram. That said, I love Jenny and her tutorials. They make it even easier to visualize the finished product. They always inspire me, maybe to try different colors or settings. I'm new to You Tube but I think she does the best job on hers. Like Handsome Ryan said, exceptional productions, clear & not jumpy filming, plus Jenny is so nice & fun. She seems like someone you would want to be friends with. So I'm definitely hooked on her.

Leave a comment:

• MarianneK
    replied

Yes I agree, we have been spoiled by Jenny! And it's great. I love the tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• Miss Sheri
    replied

Yes, I am quite partial to Jenny's tutorials. She makes everything seem so do-able. When I first stumbled upon one of her tutorials it was the Jelly Roll Race and I found myself giggling. Then I followed the next link, and the next. . . I watched every one of her videos I could find that weekend, and made my first M* purchase on Jan. 1, 2013. Since then, and several thousand dollars later, I have nearly a dozen quilts of various sizes completed, or in a state of completion, and feel I can now call myself a 'quilter' even if I still feel like a total rookie.

Leave a comment:

• HandsomeRyan
    replied

I like her tutorials a lot and I can see how she has drawn countless people into the world of quilting. Since I've never actually made a quilt using any of her tutorials (I think she has an Irish chain video but I didn't see it before making mine) I guess it would not be fair to say that I will forsake other tutorials or ideas in favor of hers. I do love her enthusiasm and calm, cool attitude when she makes the quilts. High production value to the videos too. She has several tutorials which are on my eventual "to-do list" but I would say I'm an equal opportunity quilter.

If I ever make it to the M* store and see her I will almost certainly be star struck though. Her and E. Burns are my quilting heroes!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

She can surely spark our interest and enthusiasm for things we might not think we could do. Hooray for our Jenny!

Leave a comment:

• Kateskloset
    replied

I think I would be content withjust making all of Jenny's quilts....there is always a variation to change it up. Every now and then you run across another pattern that you just have to make....and you are right, jennyann, gotta do some studying first.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Jenny has a gift for making everything seem possible for all of us. Fortunately, if you want only to make Jenny's tutorial quilts there are plenty to keep you going probably for the rest of your quilting days! I have all four of the Quilting Quickly magazines and if that was all the designs I ever had I would be content.

Leave a comment:

• jennyann
    replied

I am also self taught. I have been quilting for about a year and learned through watching jenny's tuts. I find that other then watching her tuts i make my own patterns up. I have yet to follow a pattern. Most are jumbled and hard to follow. I do have a couple however that I am hoping to do this year that involve a written pattern. I know that I will have to buckle down and lock myself in my sewing room in order to complete them.

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

A visual is always better for me... plus it allows those of us that like to get "creative" to think outside the box.. I agree,,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X