Batik D4P Block Swap 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batik D4P Block Swap 2014

I have started a new GROUP here is some info on it..... I added it here as well in case some people have not seen this. We need more people in order to get variety on our blocks! Please join in the fun.

BATIK DISAPPEARING FOUR PATCH swap - Sign-ups open until January 30th. Every other month I will take votes as to the new block and the theme. This is going to be loads of fun with a wide variety of fabrics in each swap. Sew much fun! This swap is open to EVERYONE!!!! You can choose which swaps you want to do! If there is one you don't like then you are not obligated to do it.

Here’s how it works: we will all be making 8 ½” unfinished D4P quilt blocks. One set equals 6 D4P blocks. You may make as many as 6 sets of 6 blocks each which would be thirty-six (36) D4P blocks. Wow! That’s a lot of quilt blocks. Imagine how cool that quilt will be??? I know! Right??? If you are making one set, you may either make all the blocks using the same batik fabric(s) or you may make each block using a different batik fabric(s). If you are making more than one set (up to 6 sets), please use a different batik fabric in each set. You will get back all different blocks...assuming we have enough people in the group.

January’s theme is BATIKS. Please use ONE BATIK FABRIC AND SOLID BLACK PER BLOCK.

In case you’ve never made a D4P quilt block, here are the instructions:

Disappearing 4 Patch Quilt Block Tutorial - YouTube

Please use 100% cotton fabric to make your quilt blocks. Please PM me by JANUARY 30th to sign up. Also go join the group that is set un under the GROUPS tab above....

Please provide:

• Screen name
    • Real name
    • Number of sets you are making/sending
    • Email address

After I have received all of your information I will add you to the list of swappers and PM you a message with mailing information. BE SURE to include the USPS package, filled out with your mailing information, in your package to me. Set(s) of D4P quilt blocks will be due by FEBRUARY 28th. If your blocks are not to me by the date due, you will not be included in the swap. If I get them after the date due I will send them back to you in your envelope. There will be no exceptions, so please make sure to mail out your package in plenty of time.

Mailing: please put your blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package is damaged and will help me to organize everything better. Please purchase a USPS Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope (9 ½” x 12 ½”) for $5.95 and fill out your name/address etc. This will be your return envelope so be sure to put this in your package as well!

I hope we can get a good size group together for this! I know I work better with a deadline...especially if there are other people involved...it gives me the extra kick in the rear to get things done! We can get several nice quilts done this year!
    Last edited by tdimitrov77; January 14, 2014, 10:06 PM.
    :D:DTyne:D:D

Re: Batik D4P Block Swap 2014

BUMP Please join our group!

Comment

Re: Batik D4P Block Swap 2014

moving up...we have 5 members now and we could use some more to get variety in our blocks...please consider joining even if for only 6 blocks....Thanks for looking!

Comment

Working...
      X