X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redcaboose1717
    replied
    Re: how do you hide

Great sale......I would have purchased it too.
    My DH never minds what I purchase. We can pretty much buy what we want, when we want, and I have never ever been one to spend money like crazy either. ( well, except for fabric LOL! )

Leave a comment:

• Smg1678
    replied

Wow, that is such a funny story and your hubby sounds like he understands the needs for all the proper tools. Have fun

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

Originally posted by Quiltless View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to upstage you, Dolores. Your purchase story just brought back a 20 year old memory. We talked about it this morning over coffee and he enjoyed the trip down memory lane again.

We usually buy big ticket items together, but he was so busy with his work and something had happened to his car. He had been using mine for months and knew I had been scouring the market. I basically knew what we wanted and what we were willing to pay. As I drove past the local dealership I saw one on their lot and stopped in. I brought it home on a test drive and he loved it. So, I got my car back and he got the new one. So, it wasn't so completely spontaneous, but it sure makes a good story. When it comes down to it, life is about making memories; hopefully mostly good ones.

Congratulations on your new machine and knowing that you have a Sweetheart for a life companion.
    no upstaging done. I love to hear how others go out for one thing and come back with something else. I was going to wait a couple months but this was the last machine of a recent promotion by Brother and was $800 under the store sale price which was $700 under the regular price. How could anyone turn down that deal.

Leave a comment:

• Quiltless
    replied

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
    I think you got me beat. LOL I definitely know he would notice a new car. He really hasn't said anything about the machine, but I notice he keeps going to the sewing room door and looking in. We both pretty much buy what we want. This had a little bigger price tag than most of our purchases, but we definitely won't starve in the process. Been playing and working on a t shirt quilt for someone. Sews great, but a lot more bells and whistles to get used to.
    Going to sew with it for a couple weeks and then schedule a class. That way I'm sure I will have a few questions by then.
    Oh, I didn't mean to upstage you, Dolores. Your purchase story just brought back a 20 year old memory. We talked about it this morning over coffee and he enjoyed the trip down memory lane again.

We usually buy big ticket items together, but he was so busy with his work and something had happened to his car. He had been using mine for months and knew I had been scouring the market. I basically knew what we wanted and what we were willing to pay. As I drove past the local dealership I saw one on their lot and stopped in. I brought it home on a test drive and he loved it. So, I got my car back and he got the new one. So, it wasn't so completely spontaneous, but it sure makes a good story. When it comes down to it, life is about making memories; hopefully mostly good ones.

Congratulations on your new machine and knowing that you have a Sweetheart for a life companion.

Leave a comment:

• GinnyKNC
    replied

She looks awesome - congrats! I can't wait to see all the things your going to make. I don't even try to hide things anymore lol and not sure I could hide a box that big.
    My DH just shakes his head or smirks at me. He is so use to the mail lady delivering fabric now that if he's home and gets the mail he yells up the steps to my office - 'Your happy mail came' Although the last box he actually said - 'And where do you plan to put this' lol I am seriously out of room.

Leave a comment:

• mspepper
    replied

Reminds me of the time I bought my serger. I just unpacked it, set it up in the sewing room, got rid of boxes. 2 months later when he walked in my sewing room, he never even noticed it, or if he did, he didn't say one word.

Leave a comment:

• Doloris
    replied

Congratulations.
    Could have been worse. I went out shopping for shampoo once and came home with a brand new car.
    I think you got me beat. LOL I definitely know he would notice a new car. He really hasn't said anything about the machine, but I notice he keeps going to the sewing room door and looking in. We both pretty much buy what we want. This had a little bigger price tag than most of our purchases, but we definitely won't starve in the process. Been playing and working on a t shirt quilt for someone. Sews great, but a lot more bells and whistles to get used to.
    Going to sew with it for a couple weeks and then schedule a class. That way I'm sure I will have a few questions by then.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Congratulations.
    Could have been worse. I went out shopping for shampoo once and came home with a brand new car.
    Now that's a switch!

Leave a comment:

• GrammaBabs
    replied

Linda....Where do you find guys like THAT!!!! If I "cut my bangs",,, DH will say,, "what did you do to your hair!!!""" really,,,,LOL

Leave a comment:

• NanceeCee
    replied

You will love this machine...I have one and it is so user friendly! I will never forget the day my husband bought me this. I had been looking and researching for some time and decided this was the one, but he balked a little (I already had a Viking embroidery and wasn't happy with). Then my horse suddenly became ill and died, and he took me right to the quilt shop to console me. Yes, I miss my horse, but am very happy with this machine, and if I had to do all over, I would most definitely buy this machine again.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

What a beauty! Congratulations! Enjoy it and can't wait to see the wonderful creations you make with it.

Leave a comment:

• Quiltless
    replied

Congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• izzyrider07
    replied

I also bought one of these and love it. I had honestly thought I could sneak it in the house but was very glad I told hubby ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Sew Perfect
    replied

yeah, what Jean said and if that doesn't work, just tell him he bought it for you and it's one of the greatest presents he's ever bought for you. Tell him just how wonderful he is. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

I had to laugh at some of the comments! I was the one dragging my feet on buying a new machine last year, mainly due to the cost. DH is the one who said to go for it, so I finally did! Honestly if I had brought those boxes into my house, he wouldn't have noticed anyway. Sometimes that is a really good thing!

Anyway, congrats on your new machine; looks like you will be having a great time getting to know her. (or him)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X