WOO-HOO I got my new sewing machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOO-HOO I got my new sewing machine

I am so excited!!! After months of research, the children and I went yesterday and picked up my new sewing machine. Dh and I decided to go with a new machine because of warranties and dealer help. I got to pick up my Baby Lock Symphony and a new table to put it on.

I opened the user's manual last night. Wow! is there a lot to learn. I am looking forward to my "Getting to Know Your Machine" class in a couple of weeks. I am very excited to use this machine as I have been sewing on a Kenmore from 1973 - a good machine but it has its limitations. I know it probably sound strange but I am excited that I can do a buttonhole easily now as the old machine was a pain to do.

I had a sewing machine cabinet picked out but the machine was too big for the cabinet. They showed me the smallest cabinet that would fit my machine but it was much more than what I wanted to pay. Then after explaining that I needed to be able to easily and frequently move the machine from the living room to the bedroom for storage. They recommended the table. I wasn't sure how I felt about the table but after they explained that the cabinet was not solid wood and the table would hold up to the children better. I got the table. I am very thankful that I got the table. It looks good in the living room and is the perfect size. I cannot wait to get the machine on the table and start sewing. So if you wonder where you can find me for the next week, I'm going to be sewing

If anyone has any tips on using the Baby Lock Symphony, they would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WOO-HOO I got my new sewing machine

Congrats on the Babylock and the new sewing cabinet.

Good choice and hope your husband is the understanding type, as there goes the laundry, cleaning, etc for the next couple of weeks.
    Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
    Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Comment

Congratulations! It's a great day when you get a new sewing machine!!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Congrats... let the fun begin,,,sit with the manual and read it thru or scan it.. then after your class, I would go thru each function and give it a whirl,, so much easier to sew when you've already given things a try,, much less frustrating..Here's an idea..I took a bunch of neutral squares of fabric and stitched 2 rows of each decorative stitch down the center.. haven't used them yet, but I plan a quilt of sorts with them!
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Congrats. I was totally overwhelmed when I stepped up from my little mechanical Brother machine to my all-the-bells-&-whistles Husqvarna but once I got comfortable with it I love it. You'll love your machine too. Just don't pressure yourself to learn everything all at once. Go slow and have fun! Also- We demand pictures!
          Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Yay for you..........congrats on the new machine!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Lucky you, enjoy your new machine.
              ​Robyn

Comment

Grats on the new machine!! No better feeling then a new machine! You will love it once you get comfortable with it. It will take time so be patient. And yes we demand pictures of that new machine on that new table!!
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Congratulations....have fun learning your new machine.
                  Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                  I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Congrats! So much fun to learn a new machine.
                    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Congrats! Enjoy your new machine!
                      Lori

Comment

Congratulations on your new machine and table! Enjoy it!
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I am of no help since I don't know anything about your machine but wanted to tell you congratulations!
                          Robin
                          My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

Congratulations and have fun.
                            bjsmith57

Comment

What??? No pictures???

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                              X