Block Burnout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block Burnout

Who has experienced block burnout? I have been making a tablecloth/topper for my friend using the leaf block in the lovely leaves wall hanging tutorial. I need 36 blocks. I have twelve more to make and I can't wait to be done with this project! It's been a great learning experience, but I will not make this block again anytime soon! Has anyone ever gotten really sick of a certain block or pattern that they feel that way? My next project is going to be something much simpler!
    Ellen =^..^=

Re: Block Burnout

Oh yes! That is why I have umm...about 15 or so UFO's in my sewing room!
    Nothing like a deadline to make you finish something though!!
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

This has happened to me too. I think it is helpful sometimes to have more than one project going, that way you can switch back and forth.

Comment

happens to me with nearly every quilt that I make - although those last blocks are usually as close to perfect as they will ever be (with me sewing them) but I do finish them - every time, at least so far.

Comment

I call it battle fatigue and yes, it happens with many projects. I also have lots of UFOs and am arguing with myself to pull them out and finish them. It would have been so much easier to do them right away. SIGH! Now, when I get to that point, I set myself mini-goals. "OK, Martina, you get to stop when you do [fill in the blank]" and before I know it, the stack is done.
          Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric
          Martina (aka MadQuilter in other forums)

Comment

When I am making a quilt, my mind is always on what I want to do next. I get very anxious to do that one, and can't wait to finish the one I am making. Then, when I start the next quilt, it starts all over - what I want to do next - when will I finish the current one?
            I am working on a Big Star quilt top. I only have three made, and can't wait for it to be over.
            Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

It happens alot when making many of the same blocks for a project; gets boring for me. That is why I have several things going on at once. Now to go back and finish some of them.
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Experienced that just yesterday. Thankfully I finished the last block last night but I too have a couple going at once so I can switch back and forth.
                Ann

Comment

I used to try to only have one project going at a time, but have found that doing some small projects or just working on other projects at the same time, keeps me more motivated. I swear I am ADD - I just from one new project to another, but so far don't have a ton of UFO's, but lots of WTM's (Want to Make).
                  Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I'm there right now with my Josephine quilt. I will be happy if I don't ever have to make hour glass units again.
                    sigpicMISA
                    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

I am having the same issue. I have been making a green stole for our asst. pastor for longer than I care to remember. I made a fish block, it was too big, had to cut the block down...and you all know how that goes! I don't like working on green...and the story goes on and on and on...I really do need to figure out how to get this (ahem) oh so lovely thing done..... I have a LIST that I NEED to do and it isn't on it......this must be a penance for me of some sort......
                      Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Originally posted by Sew Perfect View Post
                        I'm there right now with my Josephine quilt. I will be happy if I don't ever have to make hour glass units again.
                        I have a UFO from before the holidays that is the hourglass blocks. After doing these leaf blocks and those hourglass blocks, I am having triangle dreams (or nightmares!) when I sleep!
                        Ellen =^..^=

Comment

Several years ago I had the same experience with pinwheels...I was making my daughter a pastel pinwheel quilt using purples, blues, yellows, greens, etc. Made bunches of them then tried to arrange them to suit me. This is always the hardest part for me. Should have a plan ahead of time, I know Tried them every which way, then started pulling out the ones that did not seem to play well with the others. Ended up with a purple and white quilt for her and a blue, yellow and green quilt for me. Don't really like purple anyway so I got soooo tired of pinwheels, esp. purple pinwheels. HA Still have a few orphan blocks from those two quilts but am in no hurry to make any of them. Been there and done that with pinwheels and purple.

Comment

Yes!! I know how you feel! I just recently finished the top to Katie's Quilt and have decided that I will never make that pattern again. I knew what I was getting myself into, but easier said then done.

Comment

It happens to me all the time...and most likely most of us.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X