Quilt Raffle Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Raffle Help

I have posted here recently about our local Masonic Lodge burning down and how we are doing benefits to raise money to help rebuild. Well, I seems I have been elected to handle a raffle for a donated quilt. I have no idea how to go about doing this. It is considered gambling by the Eastern Star and my church. Where else could I sell raffle tickets? I work in a very small office (only 2 of us) and I am willing to do a lot of things but not necessarily things like sitting in front of Walmart for hours selling tickets.

PLEASE... if any of you have ideas I sure could use them here.

Thank you, Illine

Re: Quilt Raffle Help

Any chance that one of those benefits is big enough to allow their meal ticket to be put in a big barrel and have it drawn at the end of the meal? Would it be considered a door prize then? Could you have several donated door prizes?
    Vonnie

Comment

You are in charge of the raffle, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sell all of the tickets. An easy way is to distribute packets of tickets to many others. They return the stub with the name & phone number and the money collected. This way you don't have to keep track of numbers, etc. Post signs at restaurants, banks, grocery stores and a picture of the quilt if possible. Usually, local papers will write a small article for free with picture and phone numbers for contacting ticket sellers. Others can do all of the leg work, you designate who does what and keep things organized. Good luck, don't stress, have fun with it!

Comment

Not sure about how large the turn outs will be. If we did do that tho, how would it make money? Would you increase the price of the meal?

Comment

Originally posted by IllineSmith View Post
          Not sure about how large the turn outs will be. If we did do that tho, how would it make money? Would you increase the price of the meal?
          I have never done this - just tossing out ideas. But, since it is for raising money, charge more for the tickets.
          Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by NanceeCee View Post
            You are in charge of the raffle, that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sell all of the tickets. An easy way is to distribute packets of tickets to many others. They return the stub with the name & phone number and the money collected. This way you don't have to keep track of numbers, etc. Post signs at restaurants, banks, grocery stores and a picture of the quilt if possible. Usually, local papers will write a small article for free with picture and phone numbers for contacting ticket sellers. Others can do all of the leg work, you designate who does what and keep things organized. Good luck, don't stress, have fun with it!
            I love this idea! Thank you so much.

Comment

don't include a ticket with each meal, but have them available for sale. Sometimes people will buy more than one. Possibly have the quilt displayed at the event so they can see what they are taking a chance on.
              Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Can't have it displayed or sell tickets at the dinner because it would be considered a raffle which they consider gambling.

Comment

Working...
                X