Simple Wedding Shower Gifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Wedding Shower Gifts?

There are two teachers at school that are getting married this summer. I would like to make a simple homemade gift. Any suggestions? I'm so busy with the baby quilts (5), there's no way I could make a quilt for them, but I would still like to make something special and handmade.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Simple Wedding Shower Gifts?

A set of pillowcases in fun prints that would be meaningful to each of them, just to toss around after a hard day at school.

Comment

Someone I know made these "Going to the Chapel" tote bags with that embroidered on front and each bridesmaids name, very cute!
      Would still be cute if just for bride.
      To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
      Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

The tote bags are a good idea, with a "brides emergency kit" inside. Needle and thread, clear nail polish, a couple hooks and eyes or snaps, Shout wipes, emery board,etc.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

A table runner like this one only takes a few hours. Start to finish it only took 3 hours. and if you use a charm pack it will cut out some time because you wont have to cut your squares. Very fast and very easy. I made this one for my friends Bridal Shower and she loved it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Or a table runner or wall hanging with the Dresden Plate. They worked up quickly too. And people just love the Dresden Plate. Hugs, Jan L
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Pillowcases sound like a great quick gift to make! There is a tut on how to make one too! Only time consuming thing would be picking out the fabric and maybe you have that in your stash! lol
              Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I too like the pillowcase idea - never have enough of those!

Comment

How about a nice candle mat...using a block that might be significant for marriage; then they could put their Unity candle on it if they had one. Otherwise finding a candle that would match a color in the mat would make a great gift. Good luck!

Comment

Wonderful gift ideas! I'm going to write them all down and keep the list for future reference when I need a quick gift. I love the candle mat idea. It would be neat to pick a simple pattern and make one for each season. The dresden plate makes a lovely candle mat.
                    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

How about a wall-hanging with their names and date they are going to be married in a nice frame? Something small that can be displayed on a tabletop next to their wedding photo might be really nice and personalized, especially if you can find out the colors of their wedding.
                      Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                      Pinterest

Comment

If you have an embroidery machine, copying the wedding invitation and then incorporating it into a small wall hanging goes a step further. I personalized a lap quilt for a recent marriage by adding the invitation to the back of the quilt.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I love this idea, I know brides always have some kind of crisis so helping to divert them would make a great gift, maybe the tote bag could be something that she could use for her honeymoon as a carryon bag,

Comment

Working...
                          X