How do you organize all this info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you organize all this info?

This forum is chock full of great info - especially for us newbies! Just curious how you all save or organize all the info so it's at you fingertips when you need.
    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Re: How do you organize all this info?

I bought a journal just for quilting and keep it by the computer to make notes in. If I go to a site I love I add it to the Favorites folder on the computer. I also have different folders I've created on my computer desktop that I save PDF files of patterns in. I review them all often for inspiration!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hi Nancy. The first thing I did was make sure I was subscribed to the MSQC YouTube channel so I had access to ALL their tutorials. If any of the ladies post a link here to a site or product that is helpful to me I make sure I save the link as a bookmark on my browser. I download free patterns and tutorials as PDF files to folders on my computer that let me quickly find what I am looking for. I now have a very extensive library of quilt info, pictures, patterns and tutorials.

If there is an old post here I want to find again I just use the Search function and a couple choice keywords to locate the post. Sometimes I will copy/paste specific info like names, books, products etc into an email to myself where I can keep a copy as needed.
      Linda
      -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

I keep a "Quilting" folder on my computer. I then put sub-folder for things like tutorials, patterns, things to check out later, etc. I save it all there, then when I'm looking for something or just want to surf...I have a guide.
        Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
        Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

I also use SummerK's method - main quilting folder with sub-folders. Since I have had a few PC crashes I also back everything up to a little external hard drive. Just the important stuff - like quilting - not my DH's stuff like taxes (haha)

Comment

I have a "sewing" folder broken down into "quilting" and "embroidery". move verything onto an ext. hard drive every few months. Things that i refer to alot I print out and put in a folder to keep near my sewing area.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

All helpful hints. That's pretty much what I've been doing too. Thanks!
              ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I have been hoping that the forum would be able to categorize and make stickies of some subjects that are often queried. It wouldn't be difficult to set up folders here for example for "which sewing machines do you like the best", HST patterns, Cake Patterns, Tuts, etc.
                I know our mods have been quite busy lately.
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I have a "bucket list" for sewing....lol..I made myself a notebook..It has tutorials, basic notes, thread info alot of things I thought I might need to review so I can have it beside me and not depend on my laptop to be charged..I also save stuff to my favorites! You can make yourself a word document and copy paste stuff into there...
                  My husband lets me have all the fabric I can hide

Comment

Working...
                  X