Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many forum members have never been to the actual store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many forum members have never been to the actual store?

Hi!
    I was just thinking and wondering, how many other forum member like me have never actually been to the physical MSQC brick and mortar shop? I wish I could but find it to be my favorite quilt shop on the net and the only blog / forum I really like so even though I live in Washington state for now (only for a few more short months, army is sending us elsewhere soon) MSQC is my shop!
    Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Re: How many forum members have never been to the actual store?

Never been there either, thinking it might be a cool road trip for my quilt guild! They think I am a little obsessed
    To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
    Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Never been there either and my skool dayz geography is failing......checking the map, where the heck is Missouri anyway?!? LOL
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

I wish it was nearby! I'm sure my husband is probably glad it isn't though.
        Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
        Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
        Pinterest

Comment

Thats funny about the geography thing! I went to basic at Fort "Lost in the Woods" so I know where Missouri is at least & I have to be honest my husband is sure happy I have quite a drive to go to the only actual quilt shop near by

Though if we are moving to Oklahoma it could be a possibility??? hehehe!

Comment

I have never been to MSQC either. The only way I could even possibly go is to get my husband to take a week and lets drive out. That is the only I would go is to drive so if I find other little quilt shops along the way we could stop. But I know him taking off for that long (unless a deer hunting trip is in store for him) I guess I will stick with the web site and this forum and all my forum friends.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thursday.
            Lynne Leavell

Comment

I've never been but sure want to go. Did a mapquest for directions and trying to talk my husband into a road trip. He loves road trips but not to a quilt shop so much. LOL..it will happen, just don't know when. It's only 684 miles!!! It's on my wish list and somehow I usually get my way.

Comment

Originally posted by jackkris1969 View Post
                I've never been but sure want to go. Did a mapquest for directions and trying to talk my husband into a road trip. He loves road trips but not to a quilt shop so much. LOL..it will happen, just don't know when. It's only 684 miles!!! It's on my wish list and somehow I usually get my way.
                I love that only "684 miles", made me curious about mine and I am only about 1849 miles away. But.... will only be 500 miles out of the way when I move. Maybe then I could do a road trip if I retain my sanity after our road trip with 3 cats and an 8 year old.

Comment

I have never been; way across the country from me. Although not 1849 miles away; only 1040.66 miles! Thats a good two day drive anyway you slice it.
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

The store is about a 2 hour drive for me...and I still havent made it. I was so close one time, was actually in Hamilton Missouri (on our way to Indiana) but it was at 6 am...the store was closed

One day.....*daydreaming of winning the Powerball first*
                    ~Mary
                    As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by Loonwatcher View Post
                      Never been there either and my skool dayz geography is failing......checking the map, where the heck is Missouri anyway?!? LOL
                      Ooooooooh, Nancy, you be in for it now . . .
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have two huge bound books showing quilt shops in every state . . . so anyone wanting to make a road trip to Hamilton, MO, just let me know your route (starting point) and I'll pull out other quilt shops along the way for you . . . that would make it well worth your time. Besides, Missouri is BEAUTIFUL . . . .
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Okay so I was curious ....and went to Google.

I am 1817 miles from the MSQS and it would only take us 1 day plus 5 hours to drive. Sounds doable to me....
                          There are so many things to love about MSQS and they are all pretty much wrapped around the personalities ... gracious service .... and awesome family who own it. Where else can you phone an online retailer and actually speak to a person, without going through "push this button for this or that"? Their business is growing and I'm happy for them.... but I must confess.... I'm a little selfish also because I worry that there will come a day when they are so big they won't have time for a quick phone call or to sign their invoices with a smiley face.
                          For now..... I'm just thrilled to have found them and I wish them all God's blessings...
                          ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                          Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                          (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Never been and probably never will. LOL! Sounds like a good road trip for some of you.

Monique
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Next time we make (sure hope we ever) a roadtrip through the USA, I make sure we get to Hamilton Missouri. We did so last year, but then I hadn't discovered the MSQC yet ......

Comment

Working...
                              X