I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this but here goes. I have the absolute BEST HUSBAND in the whole world. We are struggling through a terrible emotional family issue right now and I am having such trouble dealing with it. My DH (Dear Husband) took me out today and bought me a new sewing machine which by the way is sooo Not in our budget!!!! A Janome Memory Craft 6600. Please girls tell me that it is a Great Machine!!! My sewing room is my retreat from the world and I cannot wait to start using it. My closest friends are not into quilting so I am sharing it with you...my new friends. THANKS FOR LISTENING!!! Inspired...ps...my real name is Val

Re: I am so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Val, I think anywhere is a great place for this news! Congrats on the new machine (I don't know anything about it...sorry) and what a wonderful hubby to support your hobby and obviously he must be a great support through family issues you are facing. I know what you mean about your sewing room being a retreat, that's for sure. Keep us updated on how you like your new machine.
    Lola
    :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Hi Val, I don't know anything about your machine, but it certainly sounds like your husband is the best for getting it for you. I am a hand quilter myself. Enjoy and let us know how you like it.

Take care
      Monique
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow!! What an amazing and supportive husband you have!!
        Im not familiar with your Janome model...but I absolutley LOVE my Janome (QDC 3160).
        Wishing you many years of comfort from in your sewing room!!
        ~Mary
        As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

How wonderful!!! we are "in the market" for a midarm ourselves..... I hope you find lots of fun happy times in your sewing room with your new machine
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Hi Val, I am right there with the others who don't know anything about that particular machine but I hope it brings you many years of happiness. Hope your family issue is soon resolved. Best to you and your wonderful husband!!!!
            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I do know something about that machine.. been machine browsing recently.. very very nice machine.. u r a lucky lady.. enjoy!

Comment

very lucky!! so take him to fabric store or let him peruse yopur stash ... He get the first One off the new janome!!!
                all the best
                Gina

Comment

Congratulations Val!!! I don't know much about this machine but Jenny drives one of the Janomes too. If it's good enough for her it would be good enough for me. I wish I could get one. Hugs, Jan L
                  Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Val, a great big welcome to the quilt-y world. You will love your time spent here and troubles will fly out the window when you are sitting in front of your new machine making pretties.
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Well done Val! Your husband sounds like a special fella. I think that there are quite a few special guys belonging to your quilty sisters here at MSQC as well. I am happy for you! Don't know nuthin' 'bout Janome, but everything I have heard is good.
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Janome's, but I hear they are good machine.

May your troubles disappear quickly so you may fully enjoy your machine.

Nancy

Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

Dear Val, Welcome!! Your dear husband and a Janome - LOVE it - know that you can make many, many pretties (like Blondie says!) with your machine - I have quilted myself through many hard times. Know that you have found the best quilting place in the world with MSQC - fabulous quilty ladies (and some men too), very knowledgeable people and people who have heart. We welcome pictures of your creations!

Comment

Congratulations - on both the new machine and the super Hubby! Enjoy your room and let it be the place that eliminates your stress so that you are at your best when you and your DH face the family challenges together.

Comment

Val---that is the machine that I own and use! Love it! The accuquilt foot is awesome. You will enjoy learning all the fancy stitches and will be turning out lovely objects soon. I so understand the retreat option on your sewing room. ....if only the rest of the family did then I would enjoy it more! Had this machine a little over a year and no regrets. Enjoy! SuzyQue

Comment

Working...
                              X