Machine Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Machine Quilting

You know,after it's washed and dried i bet you can't even see it.Plus there is know quilt police close by.Connie C

Comment

Pamstone that's beautiful.Connie C

Comment

I was reading the blog "The Free Motion Quilting Project" and she actually said if you go too slow when free motion quilting, your stitches will be uneven and longer that you would like. I always turn the speed down on my machine so it can't go very fast at all (I have 3 speed settings on my machine that limit the speed I can go even when the pedal is all the way down-I wish you could put that on a car so I don't have to worry about my teenager speeding). I just finished a quilt top so I am going to try quilting a little faster than I usually do and see if my stitches turn out better. BTW, I highly recommend that blog. She has some great free motion designs and has videos showing exactly how to do all of them and divides them into beginner, intermediate and advanced.

Comment

I haven't done stictch in the ditch yet but I did do a baby quilt and I used painters tape as my line. I went diagonal and made diamond patterns. It worked out well . Then I washed the quilt and was pleased with the result. I love washing my quilts it gives them a softer look. More like an old family quilt. I found a site about machine quilting using the tape. I will look for it and post it.
          sigpic
          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Try this link for crosshatching and other forms of machine quilting.

http://www.ideas-for-quilting.com/cr...hquilting.html
            sigpic
            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
            X