Another variation of the Dresden Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another variation of the Dresden Fan

Take a peek at how this gal used the Dresden Ruler. Awesome!

http://stashmanicure.blogspot.com/
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Re: Another variation of the Dresden Fan

Whew, there's a lot of work to that . . . Am I too lazy?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Holy cow - that is a lot of work, but the finished product is really different!

Comment

Thanks for sharing Blondie !!! I made my hexagon quilt( for my dad )like that !!! It's more work but I think it adds a little umph to the block !!!!!

Kelley

Comment

wow this person had some time on her hands... but it is really nice...
          all the best
          Gina

Comment

That is just beautiful. MIght try a few for a wall hanging!
            I go to blogs, then that leads to other blogs and then I am off in "blogland" for hours!
            Thanks!
            Patti
            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

This is similar to but a little more complicated than the Nancy Zieman method. You can watch this Youtube to compare the process. Especially note the last half of the video where Nancy makes her own stripped fabric for a unique design of the Dresden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690sZ0wxrL0

Speaking of Dresdens, I was at a local quilt show this past weekend and saw some GORGEOUS quilts! One of them used a Dresden type pattern to make a beautiful floral quilt. Here are some pics:

DRESDEN FLOWER VARIATION 1.jpgDRESDEN FLOWER VARIATION 3.jpg
              Linda
              -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Very neat idea - tube strip cut dresden blades and dresdens cut using the kalediscope method - something new to try! thanks for sharing
                Last edited by pdjewelrylady; March 22, 2011, 10:45 AM.
                Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
                hugs, Suzi
                http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
                it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Ooooooh I love that !!!!!! Thanks for sharing !

Kelley
                  Originally posted by Sewbee View Post
                  This is similar to but a little more complicated than the Nancy Zieman method. You can watch this Youtube to compare the process. Especially note the last half of the video where Nancy makes her own stripped fabric for a unique design of the Dresden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=690sZ0wxrL0

Speaking of Dresdens, I was at a local quilt show this past weekend and saw some GORGEOUS quilts! One of them used a Dresden type pattern to make a beautiful floral quilt. Here are some pics:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3903[/ATTACH]

Comment

I am getting way too many ideas from this forum! Sewbee, thanks for sharing that youtube link. Blondie, what a beautiful block at your link - too difficult for me though. Someday.
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Blondie,
                      That's really cool! I definitely bookmarked that one! In the first picture it reminds me of a wagon wheel. I could see it made out of western fabrics with some star blocks thrown in and some four or nine patch. Food for thought!!!! LOL
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

It will take a life time to do all I love with just the Dresden EZ ruler! Wow. I love them all! Thanks for sharing these sites with more information than I will ever show my sewing machine - yet, my dream basket is filling daily! These were fun, and agreeing with Patticakes, the path down Blogland is sure steep and slippery. I remind myself everything I start clicking that quilting is better done in front of another machine - but I sure love looking and reading! Debi

Comment

Hi Ladies
                          I have to agree with everyone. I don't have that kind of time but would I ever love to do this.
                          also the nancy zieman link was one I have watched before and wow, that woman always amazes me.

Debi and Patti - I have learned to set a timer when I sit down at the computer. And I have had to divvy up the time between forum here, blog surfing and occasional game on facebook. LOL. The computer will seriously eat my time up.
                          Another reason that I limit my blog surfing is a very personal one: When I see how brilliant and productive and talented and etc that these women in blogland are, I feel very overwhelmed by my mediocrity. LOL.
                          Sewing mends the soul.
                          sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                          Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                          ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I will have to try both..looks fun to do!
                            Angela:icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Working...
                            X