Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

It's not what I meant to make, but it'll do for cocktail napkins...or something. fabric box.jpg
    I'm sure my error had nothing to do with the empty wine glass in the background.
    Grace-Ann

What I make with my hands, I give with my heart.

Re: Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

hahaha! No way, it it pretty cool! I love how everyone is et creative with these things.. Here is a pic of mine. Instead of pinning the inside pieces flush I used then as dividers or organizers if you will for my small tools.

Attached Files
    :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

Re: Fabric boxes...( when you're such a smarty pants you think you don't need to print directions)

Any idea where I can find the directions on how to make these?

Comment

Here you go, Smiles! Just remember to sew corners on FOLDED line!

Seaside Stitches: Fabric Box Tutorial
        I really need to get off the exclamation point.
        It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Lol Grace Ann. I actually want to make that size.

Kelly that is a great idea!
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Quilted Fantasies View Post
            It's not what I meant to make, but it'll do for cocktail napkins...or something. [ATTACH=CONFIG]58670[/ATTACH]
            I'm sure my error had nothing to do with the empty wine glass in the background.
            So how did you do this, Miss Grace?
            It would be lovely on a buffet table!

Comment

Grace I love it!

I also like yours Kelly!
              Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
                Grace I love it!

I also like yours Kelly!
                BOTH are lovely!
                Do you think Miss Grace is taking a 'wine nap', Lisa?
                It's been known to happen here, now and again....

Comment

Very cool, I like all the versions I've seen so far.
                  sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Originally posted by New York Sue View Post
                    BOTH are lovely!
                    Do you think Miss Grace is taking a 'wine nap', Lisa?
                    It's been known to happen here, now and again....
                    Seems like I'm not the only one being a smarty pants this evening...I'm watching a movie...kinda sorta...
                    Grace-Ann

Comment

It's not what I meant to make, but it'll do for cocktail napkins...or something. [ATTACH=CONFIG]58670[/ATTACH]
                      It's pretty!! May I ask what size fabric did you use? And did you still use the 2" for the corners?

Kelly.. awesome idea. I was going to lope those bits off. Now I'm rethinking.

Here's my mine..

Fabric Box.jpg

I need better lighting.. it's purple on the outside and blue on the inside

Comment

Grace-Ann, This little whoops of yours just proves my theory that things are never a disaster, but always a creation. I think it would make a great Napkin holder. Now you can whip up a few more.
                        HUGS,
                        Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Comment

Seems like I'm not the only one being a smarty pants this evening...I'm watching a movie...kinda sorta...
                          All cheekiness (Mary Poppins) aside, I'd really love to know how you pulled this off!
                          What a lovely mistake!

Comment

I love the shape of this one, too! I need to jump on this fabric box band wagon - who needs quilts?

Instead of folding in half and then doing the triangle thing, did you just fold up 2 inches and then sew?
                            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

I appreciate the accolades. I'll post instructions on how to do fabric boxes the wrong way tomorrow. I don't think I can do it without pictures and I'm too lazy to do that now. I was thinking about creating a pattern and writing a book and making millions but it sounds like too much trouble. I'd rather sew.
                              Grace-Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X