Iron Quilter Top Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Quilter Top Done

I finished it up this evening. Now all I have to do is find time to sandwich and quilt it. Thinkin' I might have time Monday. The girls think it is beautiful, so that in itself is reward enough for me. Not sure what I am going to do with it after the contest though. May give it to the PICU. It just doesn't seem childish enough to me though. We will see.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Re: Iron Quilter Top Done

Oh... seriously... chut up!

Comment

Marilyn, that is awesome! Kinda jealous, like Kensington, that your top is already done, wowzers! Good for you!
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

I haven't even started! And you are ready to make a sandwich! Get out of town!

Comment

Oh how I want to get out of town
          Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
          I haven't even started! And you are ready to make a sandwich! Get out of town!

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats! I haven't even decided on a pattern yet.
            Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

It's not like it's a big quilt or anything. I am so thankful I could figure out what to do with that charm pack. For me. it really was difficult, with all those patterns and colors. Much like Jenny, I am matchy matchy, and have a hard time thinking outside of that, and trust that the designers know what they are doing. So I met a compromise with the charms, and left it at that, lol. Wish I could show you all what I did

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Wow!! Congrats on getting your top done!!! That's got to be a relief! I have 5 out of 12 blocks done...trying to get one done a night.
                :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Are you going to machine or hand quilt it?
                  :D:DTyne:D:D

Comment

Oh awesome, congrats! I have to wait for my order to get here to start. I haven't even decided on a newbie friendly pattern yet haha

Comment

Way to go! gosh weeks to settle on a pattern so I better kick it into high gear... No worries LadyStitcher, you have time to find your favorite Jenny tutorial and give it a go! It's going to be great fun to see what everyone does using the same fabric

Good luck all
                      Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

Originally posted by HdWench View Post
                        Way to go! gosh weeks to settle on a pattern so I better kick it into high gear... No worries LadyStitcher, you have time to find your favorite Jenny tutorial and give it a go! It's going to be great fun to see what everyone does using the same fabric

Good luck all
                        Hahah that's the hard part, Hd, I've narrowed it down to 8 tutorials. So hard to choose from them!

Comment

Congrats!! I wish you could share it too - I'd love to see it
                          Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

I've got all my little blocks done, now I just need to sew them into larger blocks. Then sew all those together. Didn't have a good sewing day yesterday; I had problems matching my seams AND sewing the wrong rows together! More pins and more focus is needed. 23 more blocks to go. Yikes!

Comment

Wow!! I've just started on mine. I agree, that charm pack has so many colors, it was hard to try to come up with a design. I usually map out what I'm going to before I get started but I just couldn't think of anything for this pack. So......I'm winging it. I hope it turns out okay. Yikes!!
                              Until next time my friends. . . . . Happy Quilting :icon_wave:

Follow me on blogger and facebook:
                              http://opheliasquilts.blogspot.com/
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ophel...84133965005614
                              http://opheliasquilts.org/

Comment

Working...
                              X