Just Browsing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Browsing.....

Yesterday I went to the local quilt shop to look at some 1930's fabric... well, I looked at it and looked at it and looked at it ,but couldn't bring myself to buy it ! lol I just couldn't find a print that did anything for me and that's what usually makes me buy fabric ! I always tell my family that I'm a fabric addict... sometimes, if I don't have $$ to spend, I will just go to joann's or LQS and just browse (I will be doing alot more looking than buying since my income tax $$ is getting low and just lost my job )The sales people look at me like I'm nuts ! I'm sure I can't be the only quilter who does this ! Right ? I hope that made sense ! lol

Kelley

Re: Just Browsing.....

Take comfort - you are not alone. I love to go through the fabric, touch them, enjoy the patterns/colors - and sometimes I don't buy a thing. It's just a real stress reliever for us fabraholics!

Comment

OH no Kelley you are not alone. I love the feel of cotton fabric..(hey that sounds like a commercial, doesn't it?) and I too am a browser. I've been known to take up an empty shelf at JoAnn's .... to pile up fabrics .... looking and touching...trying to match what I see in my mind. Of course I always put them back where I found them (mama taught me well huh?). Have a great day
      Hugs
      Mia
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
      (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

My income has gone down so dramatically in the past few years that it almost costs me to work, so I understand. I am a great shopper with zero bucks. I like touch and let it go; it was always mine for those few minutes. I also browse a lot online.
        What has helped me out with my fabric lust was letting friends/customers know that I wanted all their stuff to go through before they donated to the thrifts. I have gotten loads of neat fabric, old skirts. dresses etc that go with my scrappy tastes. It is amazing how much fabric you can get some a old cotton skirt or shirt.
        I love 30's fabrics. I could've spent all your money for you. LOL.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
        X