HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!

I am about to cry - I spent the entire day making a rag quilt using 3 different fabric patterns. Green background with ladybugs, white flannel with black polka dots and red flannel. Washed it in cold water - pulled it out for the dryer and the red flannel bled and the white polka dot is now a pinkish color. Do you think if I wash it again using oxy clean the pink will come out and the rest will stay okay? This was for a charity auction my daughter is participating in!

Re: HELP!

There is a product by Shout called Color Catcher that you throw in the washer with your quilt that absorbs all the color that fades off fabric. I wonder if you wash it again including a Color Catcher sheet if it would help. That's just terrible! Feel so bad for you.
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Thanks patticakes - I will look for that tomorrow. Or maybe tonight since Walmart is open 24/7. I think I need to wash it again before I dry it. I am afraid the dryer will set everything. I hate to go out this late but I don't think I want to leave it in a wet heap until tomorrow!

Comment

I hope you found the color catcher last night and got to wash it again before it dried!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I found the color catcher and washed it again, along with a little oxyclean. Threw it in the dryer (it was 10 a.m.) and went to bed. This morning it looks good! The pinky color came out and there were just bits of red lint hanging around where they shouldn't be. Used the lint roller and I think it looks good. I will take a picture later and upload to show and tell (uploading is a whole other issue for me!).

Patticakes - thanks so much for your suggestion - you are what makes this site so wonderful - knowledgeable, friendly people who share what they know! (No matter what the hour - haha)

Comment

I'm so glad the color catcher worked. I just bought some and haven't tried it out yet. It's good to know it will work after washing too.
            Mary :icon_hi:

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Comment

Whew! Glad I was up late and was (stalking) hanging out on the board! When I saw your question I was, "Holy Crap...I hope that the quilt doesn't dry before she can get help for it!". Thank goodness for Walmart and "Shout", I was just in right place at the right time!
              Patti

Comment

Working...
              X