X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowbird
    replied
    Re: Christmas gifts for my salon????

I can only imagine how expensive it can cost for gifts for all your clients! My hairdresser gives either a wallet-sized calendar or a pen...you must really cherish your clients to sew presents!

I am embedding a link to a picture of a colored pencil wrap case. I am only adding the link for the visual since I do not think I could put in words what I am thinking. Here are my thoughts:

(1) consider a comb, brush, (someone suggested a curling iron holder), cosmetics wrap. A smaller version could be made for a handbag or a larger version for luggage.

(2) you already have fabric which is not seasonal (bonus!); it also appears the wrap could also be made using jelly roll strips.

(3) you can add a pocket to hold your business card; of course this is a necessity so they have your number handy to schedule their next appointment!

To be honest, I just talked myself into making one for my daughter and me.

Pencil Roll Pattern | Pink Chalk Studio

Leave a comment:

• HdWench
    replied

Joan those are adorable and Quick! I saw them at the Retreat making snap bags, they were also cute and those candy fabric dishes were so lovely and could be used by teachers in tons of ways! Love to read the ideas on here

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

Very cute!

Leave a comment:

• turena65
    replied

[[email protected];397659]I made these quilted keyrings in a snap. I made a quilt sandwich, FMQ'd several hearts (free hand), then cut them out with pinking shears. A little ribbon sewed on a ring and a one-word affirmation on each finished them off.

(The "words" were printed out on transfer material, ironed on, cut out, and stitched on. If your machine embroiders, you could do it that way, too.)

Each one cost me 75 cents. I can make about 15 of them an hour.

Here's another version, with an appliqued heart adding an additional layer, then constructed as a described above."

Joan.... These are so stinking cute... Love the idea!!

Leave a comment:

• Joan@DebtofGratitude
    replied

I made these quilted keyrings in a snap. I made a quilt sandwich, FMQ'd several hearts (free hand), then cut them out with pinking shears. A little ribbon sewed on a ring and a one-word affirmation on each finished them off.

(The "words" were printed out on transfer material, ironed on, cut out, and stitched on. If your machine embroiders, you could do it that way, too.)

Each one cost me 75 cents. I can make about 15 of them an hour.

keyring.jpg

Here's another version, with an appliqued heart adding an additional layer, then constructed as a described above.

keyring2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• murn74
    replied

how about a little card purse? there should be a pattern online somewhere!

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

What about snap top bags? I'm using all of my little bags while I'm on vacation!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Here is a fun site

50 Tiny And Adorable DIY Stocking Stuffers

Leave a comment:

• HdWench
    replied

Also Quilted Storage Boxes - Maybe to put their combs and such in??

Sew Can Do: Quilted Up: My Stylish Storage Box Tutorial

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Oh my gosh Kellie that put a light bulb on! I have a ton of Oriental fabrics. that I didn't know what to do with. Lot's of writing on them. Thanks for that little fun idea!

I saw one of these before, not sure if this was the one.

http://www.sewcando.com/2013/01/tuto...keout-box.html
    Last edited by Hulamoon; October 12, 2013, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bkthomas
    replied

Love all these ideas - especially the owlies!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lisapc
    replied

The candy dishes you all did at the retreat would be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• kelliedi
    replied

i made the fabric boxes...they only take 30 minutes start to finish. I did cut my 10 inch squares from yardage too. I stitched some ribbon on the flaps instead of pinning them down with buttons and they look like Chinese takeout boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

This is getting away from sewing but still a cool thing to make. I bought some at a craft fair and I use it all the time.

Pinterest

You can make it with sugar too.

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

I think the fabric boxes would be cute filled with candy! If you don't have a stash of buttons, you could sew on a bead on each flap or glue on tiny ribbon bows in festive colors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X