What do you do with your quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do with your quilts?

Do you give them as gifts or keep them all? Do you quilt every top you piece?

Linda

Re: What do you do with your quilts?

I think the most of mine have been given as gifts. I have a few runners, and a tree shirt, or no quilts! I do have a couple on the go that I will keep. Any of the quilts I made I had a long arm quilter quilt them. But now I have a machine with a 10 inch opening so I am hoping to do some myself.
    JVO

Comment

most of the baby quilts go into a box to give to my kids for their kids as they have them. some i give as gifts, some of the larger ones are used here at home. i also try to donate a couple each year to a charity auction my DD is involved with.
      “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Keep some, give some as gifts, save some for future presents.
        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

All of mine were made for gifts. I have to make one for myself now.
          Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

I'm still a question mark on this. My husband thinks that I can make Christmas gifts for everyone. I'm not making any one a quilt unless I know that they'll appreciate it.....especially a full size one. My first full-size quilt was for my bed. The next one is a appliqued, hand-quilted Carolina Lily Quilt and "that" is for my bed also. It's a little lighter than the first. For the kids, I'll find their favorite cartoon character and quilt that. Except that I decided to do Ariel for my grand daughter and bought some "special" colored thread for the quilting . . . oh my goodness, that is taking forever even on the machine. It's getting easier. We'll see about the Christmas thing. . . LOL!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by llm161; March 17, 2011, 02:39 PM. Reason: Add photo
            Linda L Maurer, Peach Bottom, PA

http://gardenquilting.blogspot.com/

Only a Quilter has a welcome mat at the door to her home and an
            "Enter at Your Own Risk" sign on the door of her sewing room (by Tom and Madge Powis)

Comment

I have only "finished " one quilt which I gave to my mother. I have made rag quilts all as gifts. The quilts I am making right now I plan to keep for now esp. my block exchange ones. I am making some for a high school reunion but I have a few years to get them done. Depends if we have a 35th. Normally we have a get together every 10 years but...
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

I've probably given away about half the things I've made, maybe a little more than that.
                There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

A little bit of all - keep, give away, use as gifts, donate.
                  Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                  it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Yup. I'd say a little bit of everything too!

Comment

All of the above but most of all USE THEM! I have lap quilts in every room, every closet along with coasters, mug rugs, placemats, totes, pin cushions, scissor fobs, needlecases, etc. that are easier to part with as a gift. Since I make other things as well, I just keep a "gift closet" so I always have something to give as a thank you, a hope things go better for you, or just a plain old I'm thinking of you, sort of like a RAK
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

I don't think I'd be able to part with any quilt. I have two I'm trying to finish for my daughters that I started in a quilt class some years ago and never finished. That's still like keeping them because my girls are young. My quilts will stay under this roof.

Comment

I love that quilt top !!!

Kelley

Comment

most of mine have been given as gifts. gave each of my daughters one this year for christmas. now have started for next years for the grandkids. some i keep for myself. i try to get the tops quilted as soon as they are finished but i bind them later.( i hate binding quilts). I have five upstairs now just waiting for me to bind. maybe next winter.

Comment

I have given most of mine away as gifts and charity quilts. I made a quilt for myself and a friend got sick so I gave it to her cause I didn't have time to make a new one.
                              Suzette

Comment

Working...
                              X