charity quilts for sick kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charity quilts for sick kids

Those of you wishing to stitch a little love into a quilt for a child go to ......
    www.quiltsforkids.org

Re: charity quilts for sick kids

Is there a link for Canada? I couldn't find one

Comment

I just was on their site and they really need boy quilts. Think about it!
      Suzette

Comment

Originally posted by mollys learning to quilt View Post
        Is there a link for Canada? I couldn't find one
        Here's a Canadian site for cancer patients: http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityPr...arityID=s56371
        Also, contact this group for Canadian affiliates: http://www.projectlinus.org/index.html
        Here are some Canadian quilting guilds that quilt for charity: http://www.quiltguilds.com/alberta.htm
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

For those of you thinking about it, I got my quilt just DAYS after signing up for it. Suzette is right, they need quilts for little boys, and I got adorable fabric for one. You get backing, strips for your four-patches, strips for your borders, and 6.5" inch focal fabric squares. How easy can you get! They send a label and complete instructions too. I'm really excited to make my little quilt and share a picture with you all as soon as I can. Sad to think it'll go to a child suffering in some way, whether health or circumstances, so I'll make sure I sew as many cheerful vibes as I can into it.

Here's a picture of what I got. Cute!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by debinmalaga; March 15, 2011, 06:07 PM. Reason: to add picture!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Love this idea! wonder if we have anything like this in the UK.
            I'm NOT responsible for my actions untill at least 30 mins after my first cup of tea! :icon_mooooh:

Comment

This is such a great thing to do and I speak from my heart on this subject. My 5 yr grandson was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in Dec of 09. He had surgery in Jan of 10 and his treatment in April of 10. A few weeks ago more lumps have appeared and he will have to have more biopsies to see if this is also cancer or not. This past week him and his family are on a trip to Disney World by given to them by Make a Wish, another great gift! Not only is my grandson sick, his dad is waiting for a kidney transplant, so this is a family that has and will see more that it share of sickness and hospitals. This may be the one and only family trip that they get.
              So yes to give a gift of any kind to a sick child is great. I hope we can all help in some way. No matter where you live I am sure you can find some way to make a difference in a sick child's life. If not for that sick child maybe for a parent of that child, because they sometime need the a comfort of a warm quilt as well as they watch their sick child sleep in a cold hospital room somewhere.
              JVO
              JVO

Comment

I love that you are all so excited about Quilts for Kids!! WE are actually a chapter for the Kansas City area! We have some fun things planned that we will promote later on this year!
                It makes me so happy to hear how QFK's has blessed others lives.
                All our love to you JVO as your sweet family endures these trials. I hope they have the best trip to Disneyland ever.

Comment

Working...
                X