Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What books about quilting do you own and what books do you have on your wishlist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What books about quilting do you own and what books do you have on your wishlist?

I don't know if there already is such a thread somewhere,
    if so hopefully a mod could perhaps merge it?

I'm now waiting for a couple of books from amazon

I do have lots already but I find it so inspiring looking into what is possible.
    Do you have any faves? I simply love Ricky Tim's

The day after receiving it I made a table runner for my DD! LOL

Hugs from Eva Mari
    Fabric purchases require no justification!
    A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Re: What books about quilting do you own and what books do you have on your wishlist?

The table runner is very pretty. Love the colors. I have to many books to mention.

Lynne Leavell

Comment

Re: What books about quilting do you own and what books do you have on your wishlist?

I have Carol Doak paper piecing books and waiting for a book by Peggy Martin.I bought the book from a friend in Canada.I here mail is slow in Canada.Connie C

Comment

I love pre cuts and one of my favorite books is "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.

Hugs
        Mia
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

I think the question would be what book don't I own. lol. love your table runner and the table!
          Patrice

Comment

Originally posted by LynneLeavell View Post
            The table runner is very pretty. Love the colors. I have to many books to mention.

Lynne Leavell
            Thank you so much, Lynne!
            My DH wonders why on earth I have ordered more... LOL

Originally posted by Connie Chamberlain View Post
            I have Carol Doak paper piecing books and waiting for a book by Peggy Martin.I bought the book from a friend in Canada.I here mail is slow in Canada.Connie C
            Paper piecing I have read about but never tried, Connie. I will def do it someday though.

Originally posted by Mia View Post
            I love pre cuts and one of my favorite books is "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott.

Hugs
            Mia
            I hear you, Mia! I really drool over pre cuts on a daily basis and "blame" Jenny.... LOL

Originally posted by Patrice View Post
            I think the question would be what book don't I own. lol. love your table runner and the table!
            Thank you so much, Patrice! And in addition you too go to the library occas.... Ooops, - that's just me perhaps? LOL
            A stash must be carefully and constantly built. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Comment

Emmari,

you are so right! and I hadn't thought of it before! But this is all Jenny's fault, isn't it??????

Lol...... hugs to all
              Mia
              ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
              Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
              (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

One of my first books was I Cant Believe I'm Quilting (Beginner's Complete Guide) by Pat Sloan. I love it! My first throw sized quilt was a pattern from this book. The quilt now lives with my mother-in-law. I bought another copy of this book and sent it to my sister. I need to get another copy for my future daughter-in-law (at least I hope so!). This is a book I would recommend for all new quilters!!
                ~Mary
                As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mia View Post
                  Emmari,

you are so right! and I hadn't thought of it before! But this is all Jenny's fault, isn't it??????

Lol...... hugs to all
                  Mia
                  Yup, - bad, bad amazing wonderful Jenny!! LOL Hugs!

Originally posted by mrswindy4 View Post
                  One of my first books was I Cant Believe I'm Quilting (Beginner's Complete Guide) by Pat Sloan. I love it! My first throw sized quilt was a pattern from this book. The quilt now lives with my mother-in-law. I bought another copy of this book and sent it to my sister. I need to get another copy for my future daughter-in-law (at least I hope so!). This is a book I would recommend for all new quilters!!

I love that you recommend one of the "closed" books,
                  - I have bought many but only the ones you can look into:
                  one always reads some sections of a DIY book at a bookstore before buying, right? Thanks!

Comment

I fell in love with this book at a quilt show:

It has really easy to follow direction on everything from very basic techniques to really advanced techniques. I love the colours and the examples they give.

My sister gave me this one for Christmas:

I love looking through it but I haven't worked up the courage to try foundation piecing yet.
                    Quilting through the dull times
                    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Two books that I highly recommend:

Patchwork Comforters, Throws and Quilts

I wrote a review on this book and really enjoy it. Have yet to make a quilt out of it but already have a stack of fat quarters set aside for one of the quilts from the book.

The other book is Quick and Colorful Applique. I've made one quilt out of this book and I'm working on a second one right now. The designs are great, easy to put together and they look fantastic when you are done. I think the book is out of print but you can order new and used copies when you look at the link through amazon for less than $3. Worth it!

Here is the quilt I made from that second book:

Katie's Quilting Corner - Blog, Podcast and More!
                      Don't miss Free Pattern Friday posts!
                      Pinterest

Comment

Love your table runner! I have a zillion books that I love to look at, and the ones mentioned in this thread do sound interesting. Thanks for raising the question!
                        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

I have quite a few. I've got a number of Eleanor Burns Quilt In A Day books. I've got a few Lynette Jensen. I've got a couple of Carol Doak foundation piecing, a bunch of baby quilt books.
                          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

. . .

My sister gave me this one for Christmas:

I love looking through it but I haven't worked up the courage to try foundation piecing yet.
                            Jill, I have that book as well. I also have one Carol Doak on PP, and too many others to really remember.
                            I also consider some quilty magazines as worthwhile, intriguing, inspiring and educational.
                            Sewing mends the soul.
                            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                            X