Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This makes not going to the Fall Get Together even worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes not going to the Fall Get Together even worse!

I just got this email from M*. I am honestly jealous of those that will be able to attend. I wish that all of you have a wonderful time and that M* lets the rest of us join in on the great sales of that birthday bash.

Itís MSQCís 5th Birthday!
    Most five year olds want a Barbie doll or a Spiderman action figure (or a toy of some sort) for their birthday. Not MSQC! For our 5th birthday we just want you Ö to come and visit us that is In a couple of weeks MSQC is having a good old fashioned birthday bash, and we want you to join us! Hereís the scoop:
    1) The festivities will take place on October 4th and 5th (Friday and Saturday)
    2) We will be unveiling the new Retreat Center that we have been working on (and blogging about) over the past year! The doors will be open from 8:30am ñ 5pm both days so that you can come in, tour around and check it out..
    3) We have awesome stuff going on in shop, including thousands of $1 Fat Quarters, tables full of precuts and other quilting supplies on sale, and tons of instant door prizes.
    4) Weíre having a Fall Movie in the Park on a giant new big screen on Saturday night at dusk (8:30ish - weather permitting - bring your own chair or quilt to sit on, movie will be a family friendly film that we haven't decided on yet).
    5) The town of Hamilton is bringing back the famous ìPenney Festivalî, named after J.C Penney (from Hamilton). We haven't had it for a few years, so we are excited to throw our birthday bash in conjunction with this local tradition. Below weíve listed the activities going on during Penney Festival.

The Hamilton Missouri Penney Festival
    While youíre in town checking out the MSQC birthday bash festivities, feel free to celebrate with the town of Hamilton by joining in our Penney Festival. Hereís the agenda:
    Friday, October 4, 2013
    Noon-Penney Luncheon, JC Penney Museum
    Fabulous Lunch at $10 a ticket (purchased at Bank Northwest, The Hamilton Bank, Caldwell County News and Hamilton City Hall - You can get them the day of, that's fine)
    **Mr. Bob Lund will be on hand to speak to us about his time managing the largest JC Penney store.
    6:30 p.m.-Hornet Football Tailgate and broadcast of West Platte vs. Penney High
    Saturday, October 5, 2013
    6 am-Hamilton Fire Department Pancake Breakfast and Open House (it will last a little while, you don't have to rush)
    9 am-5K Color Run sponsored by The Hamilton Booster Club
    11 am-Wagon Rides provided by Sam Grinstead
    2 pm-Cake Junkie Contest
    3 pm-Hamiltonís Got Talent sponsored by the Community Arts Theater
    6 pm-Band in the Penney Park
    Local shops will have specials going on, drawings and giveaways. Vendors will line the streets and the kiddos will be able to enjoy inflatables, cotton candy, snow cones, princess makeovers at Davis Street Salon and so much more!

So if you can swing a trip out to Hamilton Missouri, weíd love to see you in a couple weeks! Hope to see you soon Go Hornets!
    Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Re: This makes not going to the Fall Get Together even worse!

It sure sounds tempting. We used to pass the exit for Hamilton all the time while driving my oldest back and forth to Truman State. I always wanted to see when James Cash Penny was from, his story is great, small town boy who overcame adversity to start such a successful business.

I don't have any friends that sew or quilt though. Do any of you take your husbands to quilting events? How does that work out? I know my DH would go if I asked him but I'm just not sure. Although, I did make a trip to the Harley dealership with him recently so maybe this could be payback time?
    KAREN from Kansas

"Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." by A.A. Milne

Comment

Awww man! I so wanted to go as well. I have known for a while I wasn't going to make it, but this is just sad.

Karen, I was going to be bringing my husband & daughter on this road trip. I know I wasn't the only one. I'd say if you can get him to come with you, DO IT!

You all have fun! I'll miss getting to meet you in person.
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm here with you, Lisa. I even took the time off of work, but, my friend can't go and I can't afford the cost of going alone. Shoot, I really can't justify the cost of going with her, either. I must save as much as I can right now - hoping that the right house will come along any day now. Maybe next year.
        Donna

Comment

Lisa that sounds like SO much fun! Glad that Hamilton is putting on the show again, sounds like MSQS has helped them lift back up again! Gosh the end of a perfect quilt meeting there. Oh DO go and take hubby!!! I am making mine go (but he will most days stay in the Coach).. You went to a Harley place with him, yes I say payback is Good for them :-)
          Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Comment

I can't remember what birthday sales were available last year to those shopping online. I know we didn't get $1.00 fat quarters offered to us, but I think there were other precuts on sale than just the daily deal.
            K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Comment

I don`t want to read a single word .... but I wish all of the lucky People around Hamilton MUCH FUN

Comment

OOH those $1 FQs sound so tempting. Maybe we can get Jenny to run flash sales for those of us not going to the retreat?
                Amy

Jeremiah 29:11

http://pinterest.com/acct97531/quilts-to-make/

Daughter of Tobeysmama

Comment

Originally posted by Renate View Post
                  I don`t want to read a single word .... but I wish all of the lucky People around Hamilton MUCH FUN
                  I felt the same way. Take lot's of pictures!
                  sigpic

Lorie

Comment

No fair No fair NO Fair No Fair

I hope everyone going has a great time.............but I'm stomping my foot and pouting!!
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hope everyone has a great time and take lots of pics for those of us that can't be there. Know we are with you in spirit and mind if not in body.
                      sigpic Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                      Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                      Sigmund Freud

Comment

I am a newbie, loved reading all the post and so happy I was informed about this forum. Thank you all and hoping to make many new friends. I adore Jenny and here tutorials, all of them. Love her store too but my bank account doesn't...lol Have a good day, I will stop in later ♥

Comment

Originally posted by ClaraZ1 View Post
                          I am a newbie, loved reading all the post and so happy I was informed about this forum. Thank you all and hoping to make many new friends. I adore Jenny and here tutorials, all of them. Love her store too but my bank account doesn't...lol Have a good day, I will stop in later ♥
                          Hi Clara, welcome! My bank account has been going through 'withdrawls' too, ever since I found Jenny and the forum. Funny how that happens. Dang, I wish I could go with the gang to Hamilton, It would be just a bit of heaven. Have tons of fun and make sure you report back and take pictures.
                          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

It sounds so lovely, and charming, doesn't it?
                            Not this year for me, but perhaps, next...
                            I wish it wasn't such a big deal for all of us to meet....

I will surely be there in spirit and look forward to lots of pics. I'm not going to lie. I will GREEN with envy!!

Hey Lisa, maybe they'll have special deals available to us, even though we can't be there!....
                            I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                            It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Lisa, I was thinking the same thing when I got the email!
                              Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X