X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewbee
    replied
    Re: Do you use starch?

I just started using Mary Ellen's Best Press also and it is fantastic! Takes those fabric fold lines out in a jiffy and doesn't leave any sticky residue or odor. Plus, Best Press contains no sugar or ingredients that will attract moths or bugs for those UFO's sitting in boxes or closets waiting to be finished!
    Last edited by Sewbee; March 10, 2011, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Leigh
    replied

I use Best Press. It does not smell or show up on the fabric even if you use to much. (I actually bought it after one of Jenny's videos where she mentioned it. I love it and just recently bought my second bottle.)

Leave a comment:

• Karla
    replied

Spray starch is your friend!!! Yes I either use sizing or starch. I find it really helps with seams and matching...

Leave a comment:

• Connie Chamberlain
    replied

I use Magic Sizing.Connie C

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Hi Patti,
    I use spray starch and lots of pressing to keep my pieces crisp as I work. I use a basting spray to hold my top, batting and bottom together instead of pinning it. I have heard of people using the starch recipe but I never have. I also wash my quilts once they are done because I love that vintage look to them and I read that people who recieve the washed quilts are more likely to use them right away!
    Take care,
    Patti (too!)

Leave a comment:

• psha
    started a topic Do you use starch?

Do you use starch?

Just wondering how many quilters out there use spray starch on their quilt tops. I don't prewash my fabric but thought maybe using starch would help with layering my quilt before pinning it. Also, have you ever made your own starch? The recipe on the internet looks very easy and economical.
    Thanks,
    Patti
Working...
X