Having a blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a blast

I'm in my 50's, on the down hill side and never sewed because of a bad experience in 5th grade. In Nov I suggested to my son to give me his old Harley Davidson T- shirts and I would make him a quilt. The minute that came out of my mouth I looked around to see who in the heck said that. LOL. Well long story short, two quilting classes and a LOT of time watching Jenny online I'm making the H.D. quilt, a quilt for my sister and a bunch of the cutest aprons that you ever saw. I found my passion, late but not to late. I cut hair in the day and cut fabric at night.

Re: Having a blast

It's crazy what gets us to this point, isn't it!? Well, I'm glad you caved and decided to give sewing another try! I bet your Son and Sister are glad too! (and all the lucky recipients of those adorable apron!!)

Welcome, welcome! We are so glad you are here!

Comment

I started quilting in October and I am hooked too! I love every second of it !! Completely understand having a blast.

Isnt it awsome.

Missie

Comment

LOLOL. I love it! To funny and welcome. You will like it here and thanks for giving me my chuckle for the day
        Patrice

Comment

Welcome. I was bit by the same bug a number of years ago. I am in my 50's, ok I am 50 till next month. This is a great place to be and meet some wonderful people. Have fun!

Monique
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the chuckle :-)
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

We are so very pleased that you've found us and we look forward to sharing pictures with you!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I have you beat. ;-) I am 63 and am working on my first quilt. I think I'm hooked. I have cross stitched for years and just wanted to try something new. I now have enough fabric to make at least 6 quilts, have bought a Featherweight machine and I'm having a ball.

Linda

Comment

Welcome!! See how easy it is to get sucked in LOL...
                  Michele

Comment

Working...
                  X