Fabric Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric Prices

Just read this article on an email I had received.

Associated Press retail writer Anna D'innocenzio wrote a piece for Yahoo News saying cotton prices are at a 150-year high. Not since the Civil War has cotton brought $1.89 a pound. Bad weather and worldwide demand are to blame, she says. Prices for all cotton goods including clothing and fabric will rise this Spring.

So, I guess we better hit the LQS and websites.
    Suzette

Re: Fabric Prices

Economy has done a lot to the prices of just about everything we need or buy, even the cost of food here has gone up, a grocery bill used to be $20 less than it is now.Gas prices soaring too!how much more do we need to tighten the belts now or wallets GGGG.
    Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

Well with prices going up we better add to out stash quick! Sounds like a good idea to me! LOL
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Prices have already started going up. After the first of the year I noticed at a couple of my local quilt shops. That's ok fabric to me is like a necessity. I need it up there with Gas, Food, a place to live and utilitles.

Have a great day.
        Lynne Leavell

Comment

It's getting scary out there isn't it?
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

the problem also is that the last hold out for american made fabrics has left the country...there are no fabric manufacturers left here.....so now you have to add in all the tariffs and taxes and fees that overseas companies have to pay to ship and sell items here in the states....shipping times also effect costs and availability....it's becoming a sad state of affairs when a country this size has to import everything because all the manufacturers have been run out...
            Michele

Comment

Working...
            X