Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the last time you changed your blade????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the last time you changed your blade????

OK gals...
    I have had a rotatary cutter for as long as I can remember....like 15yrs. And I got a pack of new blades..cause I hit a really good sale. Thinking I haven't changed it...like.. EVER. I took the time and
    WOW!!! WOW!!! What a difference.
    So, I thought I would put the challenge out there for all of you

When is the last time I changed my blade

We had a snow day from school...so my 18yr daughter wanted to learn to quilt. She had bought a jellyroll a year ago in Amish country and today she is learning to make the fenceraill quilt.. with the help of the tutorials..
    Gotta get back to it..

Re: When is the last time you changed your blade????

You're supposed to change them??
    I bought a five-pack a while ago at a real good price and promptly mislayed them. I found them recently and replaced my blade before i lost them again. What a difference!
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Too funny Bakersmom. I just changed mine too. Couldn't believe it cut the first time through. lol
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I use mine forever til I keep saying, "why isn't this cutting through"? LOL! Such a difference a new blade makes huh?
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Make a small investment in a rotary blade sharpener and you'll get a lot more use out of your blades. I had my doubts as to whether a sharpener was worth it. To my pleasant surprise it really works.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I try to buy them when I have really good discount coupons. I have a sharpener some where, but it only does the 45mm and I have all 4 sizes and a pinking blade. So I am kinda stuck with changing them. I did buy my husband one of the 15mm ones for his work. So I get to recycle my blades to him since he is cutting tape with it when he masks of parts of the boat before painting.
            I tend to change the blade once it starts skipping a string. I am horrible about changing the needle in my sewing machine too! I did that today.
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

LOL! I say wowv what a difference everytime I change my blades. I use a pinking blade most of the time and have found Joann's carries a titanium blade which lasts a bit longer. You can pick up straight blades from Harbor Frieght (45mm) at bargain prices, even if you have to pay shipping. Blades and machine needles should be changed frequently. It makes a huge difference.

Comment

I am very lackse about switching mine out. I am like our patticakes.
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Maybe it bugs more. I am known to be a little OCD! I have to change mine after 5-6 projects. I have noticed that I probably don't change the needle in my machine enough.
                  Lin

Comment

Oh, I don't have to worry about changing my needle... I tend to break one about every 6-10hr of sewing time. Good thing my machine came with 100 free needles... should for the price of the machine

I wondered about if the sharpener for the blades worked... thanks for that input.

Back to sewing..

Comment

I just bought tlhree packages of blades (6 blades) from Harbor Freight today for $4.97.

Comment

Originally posted by mcerb8628 View Post
                        I just bought tlhree packages of blades (6 blades) from Harbor Freight today for $4.97.
                        What is Harbor Freight? Never heard of it, sounds as if it deserves a google!
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

My husband loves this store. He calls it the "Big Boy Toy Store".

Comment

What catagory did you find the blades under? I did a search but came up empty handed. There's a local HF not far from me, so I might stop by and see what they have.

Comment

O.K. ... So you are all going to "BOO" me out of the group when I tell you that I was conditioned by my wonderful, quilt instructor to start with a fresh needle in your machine with every new project. I also change my rotary blade at the first sign of skipping. Otherwise, the uneven cutting causes uneven stitching. Every time I get a 50% off coupon for Joann's Fabrics, I buy more blades !

Comment

Working...
                              X