resizing pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resizing pictures

I know this has been asked before but I need one of you computer gurus to help me through this one step at a time. Heck I just learned to cut and paste a few years back...lol Love having a computer...it brought me you guys but some times it is overwhelming. I just want to hit attach and go from there but no not that simple
    So I go to my pictures and then what do I do? THANK YOU!
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Re: resizing pictures

I always have to do this now but I know everyone's software is different. Here is what I do, click on the pic, click on "edit" and I have a box that pops up with options, what I found works for me is the option that says "compress picture", then I save the pic.
    When I tried to "resize" the pic myself I could not get them to post.
    Sorry I am not a very "tech" person!
    Good luck - Patti
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Hi Sally! Every photo editing program will be a little different but what you're looking for is resizing your pictures to about 75% or less of the original size - at least, that's what works for me. I use the windows photo program that came free with my computer. If you right click on your picture one of the options will be "open with" and if you click that you'll see a list of programs. Once it is open in a photo editing program you just have to find the resizing (or compressing) function.
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Shauna,
        I have paint shop pro and it is easy to resize pics in there. If you have a photobucket account which is free, you can also resize your images once you have them uploaded into an album there. I think most photo storage sites have that capability. It is worth looking into. That is how I get most of my graphics resized since I am already in my photo album.

Wish I was there to show you. I am really not a good teach. But I do loves to share with my buds.
        Sewing mends the soul.
        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

This is how I resize. All the computers have Paint programme. open your 'Paint' programme. select 'file ' and 'open' the photo you wants to resize.

Once the photo is opened from the top tool bar select 'image'. you will find the option of resize/skew. Change to 40% or 50% horizontal and vertical. Click ok , save the picture and upload.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X