Insomnia Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia Quilting

Couldn't fall asleep, so I made a D9P quilt top. Will show and tell later today. It's cute!

Re: Insomnia Quilting

Oh Jean, wish I had that problem about now - having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I hardly ever have a hard time falling asleep - I crash pretty easily. Can't wait to see what you made!
    Donna

Comment

Seriously? You really are a machine
      I'm working graveyard shift at the hospital...would rather be quilting!

Comment

I'm working that graveyard shift too! Too tired to quilt during the day anymore lol

Comment

Jeez Louise, Jean! What did you put in your coffee yesterday? Hahaha!
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by missquilterbee View Post
            I'm working that graveyard shift too! Too tired to quilt during the day anymore lol
            Hahaha... I've done it for the last 12 years... my kids think all I do is sleep......

Comment

Originally posted by turena65 View Post
              Hahaha... I've done it for the last 12 years... my kids think all I do is sleep......
              My family thinks the same of me. I haven't been working at mine for long (I'm at a hospital too) right about 6 months now. I love it but I'm tired ALLLL the time lol

Comment

I usually have a two hour nap during the day. I did that yesterday except I lay down at 5pm and woke up at 7 pm. Was asleep again by 11.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Have done insomnia quilting many times, Jean...especially when menopause has hit my life....there are many nights i can't sleep at all! So, to the sewing room I go......just think how creative you're being!
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Most nights i have a hard time falling asleep also......but my sewingarea is in our bedroom......
                    I hope we do get some sleep when I am at your place Jean otherwise we both will be up all night .....most times when I am in the USA on vacation I sleep like a baby, I leave all the worries and troubles that keep me awake at home!

Can't wait to see what you made last night
                    It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      Couldn't fall asleep, so I made a D9P quilt top. Will show and tell later today. It's cute!
                      I love this. When insomnia finds me, I watch old reruns of Golden Girls or an infomercial of some useless product to try to fall asleep. Not Jean though - SHE MAKES AN ENTIRE QUILT!!! Oh to be that productive in the wee hours of the morning!!!
                      Judy

Comment

Here it is. I controlled the placement of the little squares they are all grey. This is an older charm pack, called " a Walk In The Woods". Cute Little Red riding hood print. It sort of looks like falling charms.

image.jpg

Dang, sideways again!

Comment

Jean, I love your insomnia quilting! I should follow your example and just get up and do something rather than laying there attempting to fall asleep....
                          Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Love your quilt Jean, I too have trouble falling asleep and have spent many a night in the sewing room, but I am not quite as accomplished at it as Jean is.

Comment

Jean, I love that. What a fun way to use those hours when you can't get to sleep. I have to pick and choose my moments, my DH and kids still demand a lot of my attention. I love to finish whatever I have started so I take advantage of when my family goes on an overnight camp out (scout camps, basketball camps etc.). Sometimes when they are gone and I get into my sewing I just get so busy and involved in the creative process that I forget to go to bed until it's nearly morning. Can't do it all the time, (probably a good thing) but it sure is fun when I have the opportunity.
                              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                              X