JANOME JS1008-SE SPECIAL EDITION SEWING MACHINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JANOME JS1008-SE SPECIAL EDITION SEWING MACHINE

Anyone know anything about this machine? It is currently listed (and still available) on Craig's List for $95.00. Description states it is in excellent condition. Only used twice. Comes with power cord and foot peddle but no additional attachments. What do you think??
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Re: JANOME JS1008-SE SPECIAL EDITION SEWING MACHINE

I'm a Janome fan so take this for what it is worth. It is a very basic machine. The harp isn't very big. It is going to depend on what you want to use it for. I sew on a smaller Janome but I don't make anything larger than a large throw. I suggest you go try it out and see if you like how it works. It won't come with a lot if extras because it is a basic machine. Take some thread and fabric with you and give it a test run. Find out why they have only sewn on it twice. If you like it, offer them $75. They will either take it or counter offer. My father always told me the listed price is a suggestion!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Thanks for your input. I couldn't find anything on line about it and figured for that price it must be a basic machine. I have a basic machine now that suits my purpose. My DH keeps telling me to look at machines that would better fit my needs such as a much larger harp and some embroidery functions. Since the location of the Janome is about 60 miles from me I guess I would be better off saving my money and start doing some serious looking for an upgrade. When I saw "Janome" I got really excited.

Thanks again for responding to my post. Your wisdom is much appreciated!

Gerri

Originally posted by Auntpiggylpn View Post
      I'm a Janome fan so take this for what it is worth. It is a very basic machine. The harp isn't very big. It is going to depend on what you want to use it for. I sew on a smaller Janome but I don't make anything larger than a large throw. I suggest you go try it out and see if you like how it works. It won't come with a lot if extras because it is a basic machine. Take some thread and fabric with you and give it a test run. Find out why they have only sewn on it twice. If you like it, offer them $75. They will either take it or counter offer. My father always told me the listed price is a suggestion!
      Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma G View Post
        Thanks for your input. I couldn't find anything on line about it and figured for that price it must be a basic machine. I have a basic machine now that suits my purpose. My DH keeps telling me to look at machines that would better fit my needs such as a much larger harp and some embroidery functions. Since the location of the Janome is about 60 miles from me I guess I would be better off saving my money and start doing some serious looking for an upgrade. When I saw "Janome" I got really excited.

Thanks again for responding to my post. Your wisdom is much appreciated!

Gerri

I think you have made a wise decision! I too am saving for a bigger Janome like the 7700.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

Working...
        X