Garage sale score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage sale score!

I was talking with PCBatiks about finding fabric treasures at garage sales. I told her about my latest and greatest finds and she suggested I share the story and pictures. A couple of weeks ago I found a listing for a garage sale on my local Craigslist. It was titled "Sewer's Dream Sale". I've been on a fabric diet but thought I could score a good deal on zippers so off I went. Oh, my! The seller's MIL had passed away and she had worked at Joann's for over 15 years. There was so much fabric, I tried to restrain myself. There were no scraps, everything was a 1 yd cut or more. I made my selections and took them to pay. The lady said $20, I said "No Problem!" I brought them home and washed and ruler folded them. Each fabric that I chose was 3 yards all the way up to 8 yards. The last light blue fabric on the right is an 8 yard cut of flannel. I measured and I got 70+ yards of fabric for $20!!! The last picture is the four fabrics that are my favorites out of the whole lot!
    Attached Files

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Re: Garage sale score!

WOW! You hit the mother load. Congratulations on a very thrifty Saturday.

I told my husband I want to have a 'craft' sale. If I get rid of (thousands of dollars worth of) scrapbook supplies/paper/tools, I would have more room (and money) for my quilting habit. You convinced me--I had planned to 'advertise' on CraigsList. My pessimistic husband doesn't think it will work. Since I'm a procrastinator, it will take me weeks to prepare. We'll see----

Congratulations again!!!
    I pray when risen from the dead before the Lord I stand; perhaps a crown upon my head, but with a needle in my hand.

Becki

Comment

WOW! I don't get that lucky people here trying CL and selling more price wise then if I go to my LSQ...
      These things, I warmly wish for you-
      Someone to love, some work to do,
      A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
      And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
      `*.¸.*´
      ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
      (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
      http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

Originally posted by NanaB View Post
        WOW! You hit the mother load. Congratulations on a very thrifty Saturday.

I told my husband I want to have a 'craft' sale. If I get rid of (thousands of dollars worth of) scrapbook supplies/paper/tools, I would have more room (and money) for my quilting habit. You convinced me--I had planned to 'advertise' on CraigsList. My pessimistic husband doesn't think it will work. Since I'm a procrastinator, it will take me weeks to prepare. We'll see----

Congratulations again!!!
        i had a craft garage sale about 4 years ago. I had decided I wanted to focus on just quilting. I got rid of all my scrap booking stuff, knitting stuff, paints, cross stitching stuff; you name it! I sold every last item!

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Comment

What a haul! You sure did great with that sale!

Comment

Oooo...the teal with swirly things on the left - I had some of that fabric, used it in a couple quilts. Just used the last of it in a COC quilt I think. I had that in teal and purple. Loved that piece of fabric. It had a nice weight to it.

I don't normally do garage sales, mostly because I hate having them, people always tick me off. Offering a nickle when you have something marked 10 cents. You did good though.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

I couldn't pass up a great deal like that! I'm thrilled for you!!!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

you did fabulous what a great haul!!!! looks like you had a wonderful saturday!!
                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Wow, what an awesome find! Thanks for sharing!
                  Leslie :lol:

Comment

WOW!!!! You hit the jack pot.I guess I really do need to go to more sales. Not that I actually need, or have room for any more, lol. I could never use up what I have in my life time. That being said, I am gonna give it my best shot though.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh Boy... you lucky girl you! What a wonderful find.... yayyy!

Comment

Yay for you! The haul is even better than I imagined.........love the teal color piece on the left too!
                        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Wow!!! That was a steal! Why can I never find deals like that??
                          Lori

Comment

What a find wish I could be so lucky! Congrates!!!
                            Melissa Greenfield :icon_wave: Crafty Quilty Mimi

Comment

That has to be the bargain of the century, lucky you! I adore the rag doll fabric.

Comment

Working...
                              X