Oh my--is there room for one more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my--is there room for one more!

DH just called from the local peddler's mall and told me there's a Singer 66 in pretty good shape. I need help--I told him to offer 50 bucks for it. I love Mary and thought she might like a sister.
    Lisa

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Re: Oh my--is there room for one more!

Good luck!!!
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Ooh! How fun! I've wished I had more than one machine as I work on multiple projects throughout the day. Good luck!
      Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
      Summer Lee Quilts

Comment

Keep your eye on auctions and Goodwills - even Salvation Armys if there are any near you. Even Craig's Lists have them under the arts and crafts sections. I've seen many machines sold there in my area anyway. I bought my Brother Embroidery machine off a Craigs List. And if you are wary of going somewhere by yourself to pick something up - take a friend along.

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Lola, you should never have consulted me about Mary . . . or I should have fessed up right away that sewing machine addiction is contagious.

I played with my 99s (the twins were named this afternoon - Jean and Jane) - and Patsy Cline and Kate Smith each got exercised with Patsy's upset stomach being cured, Kate's hair straightened (she got a new power cord) . . . I told my husband that I was absolutely nuts because I was naming machines but he thinks it's cute.

Let us know if you get the other 66. I need to keep my eyes open for one.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sandy, it's not me with Mary.......though I wish it was!
            I still would love to get a Singer, but some changes are going on in our little piece of the world, so
            it will have to wait a bit.
            It is lhayes with Mary and who is looking at another machine.....is there an icon for green with just a bit of envy? You need to let us know if Mary has a sister now!
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
              Sandy, it's not me with Mary.......though I wish it was!
              I still would love to get a Singer, but some changes are going on in our little piece of the world, so
              it will have to wait a bit.
              It is lhayes with Mary and who is looking at another machine.....is there an icon for green with just a bit of envy? You need to let us know if Mary has a sister now!
              Lola
              Lola (and lhayes) - I KNEW that . . . I was just checking to see if the two of you knew the difference . . .

Signed, pre-Alzheimer's sufferer
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
              X