Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you and do you want a quilting buddy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you and do you want a quilting buddy?

Hi everyone...

I was just reading a post from Lilmouse and SewMuch..... and I thought, "how great to really meet people you've only known online so far."

So here are my questions:

1. Where do you live?

2. Would you be interested in meeting M* forum people for lunch or just to visit and share quilting experiences.

Please leave a response and let's see who wants to come say hello.

I live in Central California, near Modesto. Anyone close by?
    ~ Judy

When God adds a period, I'm trying very hard not to add a question mark!

Re: Where are you and do you want a quilting buddy?

I live near Ava, Missouri and hope to take a trip up to northern Missouri soon to meet Sandy Navas. It would be nice to meet others too.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

I live in central missouri and yes i'm planning on meeting some folks from here.
      :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

I live in Airdrie, Alberta. GrammaKim (Kim) lives right up the street from me and we've gotten together twice to talk quilts.
        Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

Anyone in the Bradenton/Sarasota area of Florida? Would love to have a local quilt pal!

Kris

Comment

Yayyyy..... love the responses...
            ~ Judy

When God adds a period, I'm trying very hard not to add a question mark!

Comment

I live in south central Missouri, 35 miles south of Rolla on Highway 63. There's a great little fabric shop here and a darling tea room for lunch!!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                I live in south central Missouri, 35 miles south of Rolla on Highway 63. There's a great little fabric shop here and a darling tea room for lunch!!
                And we NEED TO MEET FOR LUNCH! Hopefully soon!

Comment

I'm in Albuquerque. About the only person I'm sort of close to is Bubby's daughter!
                  K is for Karen 😊​..................
                  Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
                  T - is it TRUE?
                  H - is it HELPFUL?
                  I - is it INSPIRING?
                  N - is it NECESSARY?
                  K - is it KIND?

Comment

I am close enough to many of the Missouri peeps that I could easily meet up with many of them, given some planning and . . . time. One of the members here lives within a mile of me and we do go to our local quilt guild together. There is a | - - - MILE - - - | of distance between us age wise but we have a whole lot in common and I think (read KNOW) she is truly S P E C I A L . . .
                    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I am just north of New Orleans across Lake Ponchatrain. Would love to someday meet some quilting sisters.

Comment

What a lovely idea to meet up with others who have the same interests in common.
                        I live in Lincolnshire in England and would love to know if there is anyone nearby who would like to meet for lunch/coffee and swapping knowledge

Comment

And who would even guess that I would meet someone on the forum that lives about 30 miles from me , we have met and become good friends with a lot in common.

Comment

I live in Northwest Florida. Would love to meet a fellow quilter.

Comment

Hi Judy, I live near Sacramento -- close to you -- but have a full time job and wouldn't be able to get away for lunch. I spend most of my weekends with grandkids in the Bay area, but I would suggest getting involved with the Sacramento quilt guild. They are a wonderful group. I joined a couple years ago but had to give it up because I don't have the time to devote to it. It's not that far -- they meet once a month and have all kinds of stuff going on. It's called River City Quilters Guild and you can find them online.

Comment

Working...
                              X