Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two things that have changed my quilting life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lola2Ace
    replied
    Re: Two things that have changed my quilting life!

Thank goodness that spammer above is gone, gone, gone, Thank You Al!

I just thought of 2 more things that have changed my quilting life

#1 MSQC!! I have learned so much from Jenny and family's tuts and all of you on this forum, and I can't wait to learn more!
    #2 Leaders and enders are just an amazing thing!

Sandy, I figured out I was winding the end instead of the length of the thread too! You hold the very end of the thread against the needle and wind from the thread that is hanging down. This knot
    was so helpful with the binding on the quilt I just finished up.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

You must be a Vogue Insider. If you are want to give Valentine's Day gifts.

Present the store have many leather tote bags for Valentine's Day

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
    Sadly, I have not perfected the quilters knot. I am a very slow learner. How can something so easy elude me????
    Blondie, I sat and practiced this yesterday and finally figured out why it hadn't worked for me at first - I was winding the wrong end of the thread around the needle - and I still can't tell you what the difference is - but point the end of the thread towards the eye of the needle not towards the point.

Does that make sense????

Leave a comment:

• gloria
    replied

Originally posted by lhayes1976 View Post
    Here's the video I watched that helped me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5m5RDFjqE
    Thanks for the the youtube tut. I have been trying to learn this knot forever and after watching that closeup video I think I got it.

Leave a comment:

• lhayes1976
    replied

Here's the video I watched that helped me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5m5RDFjqE

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

The quilter's knot has eluded me too. I just make sure to hold the thread pretty snugly against the needle while wrapping and while pulling the needle out. Last few times I used it were successful on the 1st try.
    A design wall would be amazing, but I don't have room for one, maybe someday I will.
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

I can't get it to work for me very often either. I accept that I am knot challenged. Although, I can manage to tie my own shoes.

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Don't feel bad Blondie, it takes me several tries before it works. Everyone else does it so quick and I sit here and work at it. Obviously I'm doing it wrong, but I keep trying, I'll get it eventually!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Sadly, I have not perfected the quilters knot. I am a very slow learner. How can something so easy elude me????

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

Quilters knot? Is that where you wrap the thread around the needle and pull it through? I use that all the time! Definately a time saver.
    Love those table cloths. They definately serve a purpose.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by lhayes1976 View Post
    1. Quilters Knot--where have you been when I was hand sewing? Really speeds things up.
    2. Design Wall--It maybe a tacky tablecloth--but it sure motivates me to finish my projects when I can see them up on the wall.
    Had to look up the Quilters Knot - had never heard that term. Now, why weren't we taught that in preschool or at least first grade along with making bunny ears and chasing the rabbit around the tree and into the hole?

Gotta try that one!!

Leave a comment:

• lhayes1976
    started a topic Two things that have changed my quilting life!

Two things that have changed my quilting life!

1. Quilters Knot--where have you been when I was hand sewing? Really speeds things up.
    2. Design Wall--It maybe a tacky tablecloth--but it sure motivates me to finish my projects when I can see them up on the wall.
Working...
X