My Dog is a kleptomaniac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Dog is a kleptomaniac

Aaaawwww poor Buddy.........I can't believe you could accuse that sweet INNOCENT face of stealing the remote! He looks so guilty.........that he looks like he needs a hug! One of our dogs does a pretty good job hiding the guilty look......she has perfected the "but look how adorable I am" look. With our other dog all we have to say is "Did you do this?" and point to the problem and she will sit down and turn her head away from it.......you know the "if I don't look at it then it didn't happen" defense.

Bubby the story of Chess is so funny............all of the dog thief stories made me laugh........of course I'm sure you can't prove that any of these dogs were guilty!!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Our friend's French Bulldog has brought home a carburetor, several gardening and other tools, and a whole pizza. Wendell is only about 12" tall, but has a vertical leap a flea would be envious of.
      I'm sure he's not done with his thieving ways, as last week he drug home a well-aged turkey carcass.
      I'm glad we are not next-door neighbors!
      Be who you are and say what you feel
      because those who mind don't matter,
      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Too funny all the stories. But , you just can't help loving them. They make you laugh "even though guilty looking",
        but they also love you back unconditionally.
        Simone a.k.a Ellimay

sigpic Sewing is cheaper than therapy

Comment

My Blaze (on the R) stole while he was a puppy. All of a sudden day and night he would bolt up the stairs and hide under our bed. He always had one of my son's toys with him. It stopped as he matured and got tired of being pulled out from under the bed by the tail.

My Karli is a 2 yr old thief. She is dumb about it though. She shops, she will spend 5 minutes sniffing the toys, pocket books anything in her reach looking for something to steal. Then once she gets it she runs right up to me or hubby wagging her tail to show us what she picked? Really? When we tell her no shopping she yells at us and lays down and whines until we leave the room or she falls asleep.

Your dog is very guilty looking. I try to pick up all the dog toys and bones every morning and put them in there place so that the dogs have the whole day to hide them all again. Thankfully they can't get behind or under the furniture.
          Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

LOL! LOVE that pic! He looks so sheepish!!

Edited to say...happy you found the remote!! Poor Buddy! Accused and convicted and not even a trial! LOL!

The Briefs are hilarious!
            Last edited by WendyI; April 12, 2013, 09:39 PM.

Comment

We have a golden retriever, Danny Boy, who loves to bring things to people when they come visit - usually it is a shoe, but has been underwear, pjs and a bra.... If we are looking for a shoe, it is usually by his dog dish where he dropped it off. Sometimes there is quite a collection of shoes...

He loves to grab paper off of the floor or anywhere he can get a hold of it (napkins are his favorite) and then walks around "hiding" it in his mouth going from one to the other of us waiting for us to do something about it. This is usually when he thinks he has not received enough attention that day! He has this skulking walk if he tries to take it into the other room to eat it (napkins mostly). His walk gives it completely away. Love that big fur ball!
              Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Daisy View Post
                My old retriever Rowan was a present giver rather than a thief. If we had a visiter she would be so thrilled and bring them something nice. A carot from the veg tray, a teddy from the kids room, all kind of things. But........... if they were really REALLY nice (and we never worked out what made someone really REALLY nice) she would rush off and bring them back a pair of my knickers. Sighssssssss sometimes it was just sooooooo.......well you know.
                BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Comment

My dog is a 4 year old border collie and too dang smart for my own good! LOL! He is a counter surfer the wee brat! Sometimes I cannot for the life of me figure out how he gets at stuff! I'd love to put a spy cam up in my kitchen to catch him! He's soooo crafty!!

Comment

I have a cat who's not really a kleptomaniac, but he does love to bring toys into our bed in the middle of the night. He got on a kick once of taking things from the bathroom and bring them to our bed. We have a rubber duck that he's brought in, the bathtub stopper, a bottle of shower gel, and he even brought in a back brush to our bed! He is one crazy cat!

Love to all, including Buddy!

Pam in Vegas
                    Pam in Vegas

Comment

My sisters dogs routinely (about twice a month) steal her remote and chew it up. She hasn't learned to put it out of their reach, either. It's a good thing Verizon doesn't charge for new ones!

Buddy is a cutie and yes, that is the guilty look I have seen all too often.

Dogs, gotta love 'em!
                      Donna

Comment

Years ago, when Cabbage Patch Dolls was every childs dream, we had a black lab. Every time "Howie" escaped from our yard he would come home with gloves, shoes, socks...whatever his little heart desired. One afternoon DH and I pulled into our driveway and there was Howie sitting in the middle of the drive waiting for us looking as pleased as he could...holding some child's Cabbage Patch Doll We never did find out where this doll belonged and it wasn't the last thing Howie brought home.
                        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I laughed reading this, hubby almost cried... He feels your pain lol. Funny that, cause I'm the one who won't let go of the "fjärk" as well call it, when watching telly together.
                          ~ Anna ~

My Pinterest

Comment

Our Giant Schnauzer Gustavus Adolphus is a rescue and he must never have had enough to eat. We have found that he will "help" himself to whatever we have on the counter. We have found that we need to push food to the back of our semi commercial stove to keep it safe. He ate 5 half chicken breasts fresh off the grill, and all we heard was the plate rattling on the counter. He ate a whole dozen of muffins-paper and all...and they were bran. He really "went" well the next day. Then he helped himself to a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips.. This is also the dog who "ate" 11 left shoes of mine. No right ones, just left...and they were my good leather dress shoes....and he showed no remorse. INCLUDING the ress shoes that I was wearing to our son's wedding. He is still alive, but boy he came close. He also chewed the leather thongs off of all of my hubby's dock shoes.....
                            Home is where your mother is..........;)

Comment

Oh, but he looks so innocent! Hmmm, or is that a guilty look. LOL
                              Be blessed,
                              Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Comment

I can't just help laughing IBAKE, because we call Buddy "hoover" like the vacuum. I don't know how many times hubby tells me to keep the food up and away , but, it's him that just for a sec turns around and his peanut butter sandwich is gone or the lb. of bacon he was unfreezing. Buddy is 100 lbs and we eat usually in the living room watching the news . After hubby is done he gets up on hubby and licks every crumb. Hence the nickname Hoover.
                                Our Buddy although never chewed shoes , only will grab my pink fluffy slippers. All he knows is FOOD. He's a surfer too. But, we love the big hulk.

I loved reading everyone's encounter's with their pets. Gave me a real good laugh. Thx all for sharing.
                                Last edited by Ellimay; April 13, 2013, 10:08 PM.
                                Simone a.k.a Ellimay

sigpic Sewing is cheaper than therapy

Comment

Working...
                                X