Big Star quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Star quilt

I would like to see some pics of finished Big Star quilts. Is there already a collection of those? Several of my quilt club are in the process or have made this pattern and there are definitely different ways to finish them up. I want to make one and I need some inspiration! Thanks

Re: Big Star quilt

There are some here. Not to mention the one Jenny has hanging in her shop is amazing. Not sure how to search out pics, other than to put in the search "big Star quilt" and see if the pictures pop up.

Comment

You can do a google search and click on images

Comment

002.jpg002.jpg
        ~Kathy~

Comment

I may be getting in trouble with this new found addiction for Large ONE Block Quilts.. but here is a pattern image for a star that is made from 13.5 inch blocks. Make your half-square-triangles first..
          single star quilt.jpg

Then I have made this one... with 4 strips of 2.5 inch fabrics. It measures 50x50 finished.. so if you used 4.5 strips or 10 strips at 2.5 inch You would get a really nice size quilt.

2008 ChixStar.jpg

Jennys tutorial on big star quilts led me to make this one.. went fast!!
          finished StarryNight.jpg

Are ya HOOKED, yet??
          Last edited by Granny Judy; April 10, 2013, 05:35 PM.
          Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
          :icon_wave:

Comment

Love your stars...Judy and BK! Thanks

Comment

I also love the Big star Judy and BK. really nice.

Here, a link for a Morning Star quilt. Beautiful tutorial from Kaye Wood.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGeCFO3Btho
              Last edited by Ellimay; April 10, 2013, 07:31 PM.
              Simone a.k.a Ellimay

sigpic Sewing is cheaper than therapy

Comment

The diamond shape of each blade on a star is called a parallelogram. If you go to google and type it into images you find a heap of parallelograms you can print the shape out and create template using templastic ..here is one l did its just lying on the back ground fabric l haven't gotten around to appliquing it onto the back ground yet.

1st Bright star.jpg

Comment

I have a Thangles pattern for the Primo star quilt for a friend but we haven't gotten the fabric for it yet.
                  Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lissau View Post
                    The diamond shape of each blade on a star is called a parallelogram. If you go to google and type it into images you find a heap of parallelograms you can print the shape out and create template using templastic ..here is one l did its just lying on the back ground fabric l haven't gotten around to appliquing it onto the back ground yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44935[/ATTACH]
                    Or try 60 degree diamond, since that's what those are. I use my diamonds ruler, or as a previous poster suggested, half square triangles
                    "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

I am wanting a parallelogram for a stack and whack and you just taught me that it is a 60 degree diamond. Thank you!
                      Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lisapc View Post
                        I am wanting a parallelogram for a stack and whack and you just taught me that it is a 60 degree diamond. Thank you!
                        I have a diamonds ruler that's June tailor, like her shape cut ruler. You can google 60 degree diamond templates and it brings up all kinds of things.
                        "You've never really learned to live until you've done something for someone for which they can never repay you." ~Ralph Hall

"Party like a BLOCK-STAR"

Comment

Originally posted by Mchelem View Post
                          I have a diamonds ruler that's June tailor, like her shape cut ruler. You can google 60 degree diamond templates and it brings up all kinds of things.
                          Have you used it yet? What do you think? I've been looking at that and it looks like it could be very handy. I love using the shape cut ruler!

Comment

Re: June Tailor Diamond Ruler

Originally posted by katier825 View Post
                            Have you used it yet? What do you think? I've been looking at that and it looks like it could be very handy. I love using the shape cut ruler!
                            I would be interested in comments on the Diamond Cut Slotted Ruler by June Tailor ('A Girl's Best Friend) too as I'm thinking of buying one.
                            ~: Ron :~

"You cut up fabric and then sow it back together again? Really?"

Comment

Have you looked in the 'Groups' section in the Big Star Quilt Library?
                              sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Working...
                              X