• stitchywoman
    replied
    Re: A Little Help?

Haha! No joke! 3 months... Aaah!

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

OK! I'll have to check that magazine out.
    I was hoping to do something with the Jelly Roll fabric before Christmas this year, but since it is really for me, I probably won't get to it. I am going for "homemade" things this year as gifts. Yikes, that adds stuff to the "To Do" list though.

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

Oh color me envious.. I'd have bought that in a heart beat, too.. I have the nickles (sharm pack) and have a plan, but like you have not used them yet
    I just saw a great braid pattern/instruction in a magazine.. McCalls Quilting - August 2009.. page 69 ..

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

I bought a Jelly Roll of last season's Christmas fabrics(It's Snowing by Deb Strain), and haven't done anything with it. Sorry. I have seen some neat zig-zag, weave, or braid quilts made with them. I just haven't gotten around to actually making anything yet. I probably wouldn't have bought it, except that it was at a huge discount in the clearance section of the LQS this summer.

Leave a comment:

• sue brown
    replied

Hi Sarah, I've sent you some photos of the jelly roll quilt by email, I didn't know how to post them here.

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

Originally posted by sue brown
    I'm just finishing off the binding of a jelly roll quilt and wil try and post a photo tomorrow Sarah.

Yay!!! Sue to the rescue!!!! Can't wait to see it....

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    replied

thank you , thank you Sue!! I can't wait!

Leave a comment:

• sue brown
    replied

I'm just finishing off the binding of a jelly roll quilt and wil try and post a photo tomorrow Sarah.

Leave a comment:

• niki
    replied

I don't have any jelly roll projects either, darn! I usually cut out the strips my self. But that does not mean I won't buy any in the future. I have layer cakes and charms squares though.
    Niki (Niurka)

Leave a comment:

• Quilt Vader
    replied

I'm not much help either. I did not finish a Jelly Roll project I had a lot invested in - it was boring and bland all in one fabric line. I have long cut my own 'jelly rolls' (2.5"strips WOF) as I prefer my own fabric and color choices to mix in a project, Just yesterday while on our road trip I saw a wonderful 'strip set' of fall colors - and I should have bought it as it 's just the sort of thing I enjoy! (bought the Square in a Square ruler and book instead, the author, Jodi Barrows, was visiting there!)

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

*sniff sniff*...I don't have any jelly rolls...or jelly roll projects...

Leave a comment:

• sewhot
    started a topic A Little Help?

A Little Help?

Hey everyone, we're looking to do a jelly roll week on the blog (and a corresponding sale in the shop) but could you gals take pictures of any project you've done with a jelly roll and post it up in here, then we'll feature them throughout the week on the blog? The YSGLCG is working on a video to show the steps for posting a photo on here if you're having trouble, so don't worry if you're having trouble attaching a photo, just take them of every quilt you've done personally and then write a quick blurb about how you got the idea and so on?

Thanks!!! This should be a lot of fun and hopefully will help some people get new ideas.

Sarah
Working...
X