A Little Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Help?

Hey everyone, we're looking to do a jelly roll week on the blog (and a corresponding sale in the shop) but could you gals take pictures of any project you've done with a jelly roll and post it up in here, then we'll feature them throughout the week on the blog? The YSGLCG is working on a video to show the steps for posting a photo on here if you're having trouble, so don't worry if you're having trouble attaching a photo, just take them of every quilt you've done personally and then write a quick blurb about how you got the idea and so on?

Thanks!!! This should be a lot of fun and hopefully will help some people get new ideas.

Sarah

Re: A Little Help?

*sniff sniff*...I don't have any jelly rolls...or jelly roll projects...
    Michele

Comment

I'm not much help either. I did not finish a Jelly Roll project I had a lot invested in - it was boring and bland all in one fabric line. I have long cut my own 'jelly rolls' (2.5"strips WOF) as I prefer my own fabric and color choices to mix in a project, Just yesterday while on our road trip I saw a wonderful 'strip set' of fall colors - and I should have bought it as it 's just the sort of thing I enjoy! (bought the Square in a Square ruler and book instead, the author, Jodi Barrows, was visiting there!)
      If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

I don't have any jelly roll projects either, darn! I usually cut out the strips my self. But that does not mean I won't buy any in the future. I have layer cakes and charms squares though.
        Niki (Niurka)

Comment

I'm just finishing off the binding of a jelly roll quilt and wil try and post a photo tomorrow Sarah.
          http://www.suejoy.blogspot.com

Comment

thank you , thank you Sue!! I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by sue brown
              I'm just finishing off the binding of a jelly roll quilt and wil try and post a photo tomorrow Sarah.

Yay!!! Sue to the rescue!!!! Can't wait to see it....
              Michele

Comment

Hi Sarah, I've sent you some photos of the jelly roll quilt by email, I didn't know how to post them here.
                http://www.suejoy.blogspot.com

Comment

I bought a Jelly Roll of last season's Christmas fabrics(It's Snowing by Deb Strain), and haven't done anything with it. Sorry. I have seen some neat zig-zag, weave, or braid quilts made with them. I just haven't gotten around to actually making anything yet. I probably wouldn't have bought it, except that it was at a huge discount in the clearance section of the LQS this summer.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Oh color me envious.. I'd have bought that in a heart beat, too.. I have the nickles (sharm pack) and have a plan, but like you have not used them yet
                    I just saw a great braid pattern/instruction in a magazine.. McCalls Quilting - August 2009.. page 69 ..
                    If you can't see it riding by on a fast horse - it ain't there.

Comment

OK! I'll have to check that magazine out.
                      I was hoping to do something with the Jelly Roll fabric before Christmas this year, but since it is really for me, I probably won't get to it. I am going for "homemade" things this year as gifts. Yikes, that adds stuff to the "To Do" list though.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel
                      because those who mind don't matter,
                      and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Haha! No joke! 3 months... Aaah!
                        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Working...
                        X