roller skate fabric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roller skate fabric

I have been searching for fabric with roller skates on it for months. My niece is really into roller derby and I made her a quilt about her favorite team. I ended up settling for something else since I needed to get it done before Christmas. Now, her roller derby coach has asked me to make her one, so I'm still hoping to find roller skating fabric. Has anyone seen any? The cincher is that it can't be pink at all. Their rivals main color is pink. The team colors are bright green, black and red and they are called the Cherry Bombs. I'm using cherry fabrics and a bright green tone on tone fabric. The inner boarder is zebra print (their numbers are zebra print) and I want something with roller skates for the outer border. I've looked at all the local fabric stores and most of the online stores that come up in a typical google search. I've even searched ebay.

Re: roller skate fabric

I found one here: but it says they are out of stock. I'll keep looking for you

Hugs
    Mia
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

ooops forgot to give you the site....... roller derby fabric is about half way down

http://boondockbettie.com/fabrics.aspx
      ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
      Mia

Comment

Maybe this?
        http://www.queenoftherink.com/wp-con...rby_Fabric.png
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

Comment

Originally posted by Mia View Post
          ooops forgot to give you the site....... roller derby fabric is about half way down

http://boondockbettie.com/fabrics.aspx
          I've found this fabric before, but everyone is out of stock. I even contacted someone on Etsy and they said it is about 10 years old and has been out of production for a long time. This would have been perfect. Thanks though.

Comment

http://www.karensquiltshop.com/cgi-b...mash2020_1_10a here is one only 2 yards left..if you go to www.quiltshops.com and do a search it will bring up a bunch of stores that offer it. this is one of them that came up on the search
            Patrice

Comment

Patrice, this is great. I think it will work, even if the colors are not perfect, they match. Thanks.

Comment

Do they wear in-line skates for roller derby? I never followed it so never really noticed.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

no, they wear the regular skates with the toe stoppers, the kind I had when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's. However, this is the closest I've ever gotten to finding roller skating fabric. I'm going to a quilt store later this week though, so I'm going to see what they may have gotten in since I was last there in November. I also discovered a few new fabric stores in my area t hat I want to check out.

Comment

Hi - If you don't have any success at your fabric stores, take a look at Sports Authority Fabrics by General Fabrics Co. at www.bearpawquilting.com. Type "skate" in the search area. I have ordered fabric from them when I needed a special theme fabric and was happy with their service. They carry a huge selection of theme fabrics and their prices are very reasonable.

Comment

My niece is a derby girl and she likes anything with skull and crossbones. Who know she had an alter-ego in the form of a skater! Go Glass City Rollers!
                      Best regards!
                      Ranger Anna
                      www.i-ranger.blogspot.com

Comment

did you ever find the fabric for roller skates? I found some on spoonflower.com. they have 3 or four different ones. My daughter is roller derby jammer and I am making some "floor mats" and skate pillows for their team to sell. They are really excited to have derby items that are new to exhibit.

Comment

Try Virginia quilter online. They have lots of neat fabrics.
                          Suzette

Comment

Originally posted by dabbsj50 View Post
                            did you ever find the fabric for roller skates? I found some on spoonflower.com. they have 3 or four different ones. My daughter is roller derby jammer and I am making some "floor mats" and skate pillows for their team to sell. They are really excited to have derby items that are new to exhibit.
                            I found 1 roller skating fabric, but it was very pink and the opposing team color is pink, plus the pink wouldn't have gone with the red, bright green and black colors I was already using. I thought about Spoonflower but wasn't sure I wanted to spend that much money on this. I would have done it for my niece's quilt, but I didn't know about Spoonflower until after the quilt was made. The second roller derby quilt I made was being made for someone I didn't know and they had a $100 limit (baby size quilt), so I didn't want to spend that much on fabric. With using lots of coupons at Joann's, I was able to get the fabric for about $40, including the backing. If I ever have to do another Cherry Bomb's quilt, I will ask the person commissioning it if they want me to pay the higher price for the fabric from Spoonflower. I was able to find a fabric that was very similar to a logo they use on their bags, so she was happy. It was a skull and cross bones/heart combination. I never would have thought of that, but my niece said it was perfect, so I trusted her.

Comment

Originally posted by suzette58 View Post
                              Try Virginia quilter online. They have lots of neat fabrics.
                              They don't have anything roller skating related. I've looked in almost every online fabric store. I've probably looked in over 100 online fabric stores so far. Each time I find a new one, I look. I do searches with their search bar for "roller", "skate", "derby", and all combinations of those words. Then, I look in the sports theme section just to make sure. The closest I ever come is skateboards. I have found 1 pink fabric with roller skates in addition to other girl stuff, but pink is off limits for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X