So aggravated right now!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So aggravated right now!!

So, I have this really cool sewing/embroidery machine that cost way to much to even say. I have had it for about 6 years now and have done very little sewing on it! I finally got up my nerve and started quilting. And I have fallen head over hills in love!! My last quilt is by far my best yet and my favorite! Now I have this big project that I want to start on and guess what??....My sewing machine is now acting up!!! I think there is something wrong with the bobbin assembly area (whatever it is called)!! Going to take it in today to be worked on. Pray for me that it doesnt cost alot and that it CAN be fixed!!

Re: So aggravated right now!!

Before taking it in try taking out the bobbin and cleaning the area thouroghly, even a tiny bit of lint can cause problems. Sometimes, just rethreading can fix it.

Comment

I would even check and re-thread the top thread and the bobbin. Sometimes I have missed a step in threading my machine and when re-threading it worked fine because I missed a step. What kind of machine do you have?

Comment

Thanks for asking for us to pray for you. I will pray that whatever it is making your machine not cooperate with your wishes will be something you can handle with calm, and that this hump in your path will not be too bumpy, and that you have peace at the end of the day! Isn't it wonderful that we can turn over our littlest problems to our God, knowing that He cares for us, hears us, and answers in such a way that is good for us, helping us to grow through our experiences! Debi

Comment

6 years without a cleaning or a service can make for a cranky machine. Even if you are not using it much, it can collect dust & lint. Let us hope that the answer is as simple as a cleaning or a thread that went wonky.
          Be who you are and say what you feel
          because those who mind don't matter,
          and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone! I already tried re-threading it and things and that didnt work so I took to a guy. He is going to take the machine apart and do a real good cleaning and see if that fixes it. Crossing my fingers and hoping that this will fix it! $49 cleaning is a whole lot cheaper than replacing the machine!

Comment

Well let's hope that's all it takes. That is so frustrating! I sew a lot with flannel and constantly have to clean out fuzz bunnies from my bobbin area.
              “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

I agree that 6 years with no visit to the "spa" makes for a cranky machine....so hopefully it's just the cleaning and tune up that needs to be done...
                Michele

Comment

I have the feeling that the problem may be related to dirt. Since she has used it only sparingly there is every possibility that dirt has accumulated in the machine. So I think she needs to clean it thoroughly. If still it is not working then she should take it to a professional.
                  marilyns reception favors

Comment

Every so often I use that air in a can to blow out the dust in my machine. You would be surprised what comes out.
                    Elaine:icon_wave:

Comment

I also have a sewing/embroidery machine that I bought "gently used" and yes, it cost way to much to say. I have done some embroidery on it and was feeling pretty confident using it. I had just bought the Grand Hoop and had spent a day taking a lesson on using it. Brought it home, set it up and started embroidering. All was going well, so I set up the next color started it and left to go straighten up the kitchen. 10 minutes tops. I go back in and the main motor is blocked. I'm checking it all over and I look straight down into the machine and can see where the thread is all knotted up inside. I can't do ANYTHING with it. So I go get my husband who is very handy with any thing mechanical. I leave him to it and come back in about 30 min. OMG He had the entire machine taken apart. The thread had actually melted to a plastic part in the machine. He carefully managed to pull all of that off and worked his magic. Put the machine back together and it is working pretty good. Not great but pretty good. I have done a couple of small embroideries but truth be told I am very nervous using that part now.

Comment

Working...
                      X