Memory Quilt project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory Quilt project

I am planning a quilt project to make as a gift for my mother-in-law for her birthday in March. What I am thinking about doing is making dresden flowers and putting a picture in the center of all her kids and grandkids. I have some printable fabric and was thinking of printing the pictures out on that and using them for the center of the dresden flower. What do you think? Any hints, comments or other ideas would be appreciated!

Re: Memory Quilt project

that sounds really neat. I have made many of those. I made one for each of my kids when they graduated from high school. They are very special quilts. post pictures when you are done. I would love to see it
    Patrice

Comment

That sounds like an amazing quilt, motorcycle rooster! Be sure to post pics when you are done!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

That sounds like a terrific idea to me.
        Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

That would look nice!
          “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Such a lovely idea. You could arrange them like a family tree, except it would be a family flower!
            Quilting through the dull times
            northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I did one about a year or so - simple patchwork - but I made it for our SIL and put pictures of all his daughters (six of them) printed out. I made it for him to carry in his truck as he drives back and forth to work about 50 miles each way - and it was his winter security blanket. It is a great way to show off pictures of the kids. I absolutely LOVE your idea. May swipe it to make a quilt for my MIL.

Thanks for sharing! We love pictures - so don't forget.
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Working...
              X